5 night Bermuda or 7 night Canada/NE

lt9921

I know that these two cruises are pretty different, but I just want to see what other people would choose, in hopes of helping me make a decision.

I'm planning on going on a cruise in October of 2016, and right now, I have these 2 options...

1.) 7 night Canada and New England on the Serenade. Ports are Portland, Bar Harbor, St Johns, and Halifax.

2.) 5 night Bermuda on the Anthem. Arriving in Bermuda at 9am, staying overnight, and leaving at 5pm.

Which one would you choose? Price isn't a big factor, as they're not that different. I haven't been to any of the ports. I like the idea of the new ship, but 5 days might be too short. Just looking for some opinions... TIA for you're help.

1. A longer cruise is almost always a better cruise.

2. Try the Anthem if you haven't experienced a Quantum class ship yet.

3. Both itineraries are wonderful.

.......a. October is great for fall foliage in New England and Canada.

.......b. Bermuda is usually starting to get cool in October.

Longer cruise is always better so my vote is for Canada/New England. A 5 day to Bermuda is not enough time as it barely give you time to do much of anything. BTW, Oct. is a delicious time to go to Bermuda, humidity is gone, hardly any rain, with air and water temps still plenty warm.

Honestly I LOVE the Canada/NE cruise and I would definitely pick 7 days over 5 days but our day in Bermuda was a bit rushed and we didn't see the right areas of town. Would like to go back as I have heard great things.

But I would choose Anthem over Serenade. Anthem is brand new, state of the art and has many new amenities.

Serenade is a VERY boring ship and I struggled to find ANYTHING to do on sea days, and also the WJ food was not up to RCI standards in terms of variety and quality.

Edited by Joe12

Honestly I LOVE the Canada/NE cruise and I would definitely pick 7 days over 5 days but our day in Bermuda was a bit rushed and we didn't see the right areas of town. Would like to go back as I have heard great things.

But I would choose Anthem over Serenade. Anthem is brand new, state of the art and has many new amenities.

Serenade is a VERY boring ship and I struggled to find ANYTHING to do on sea days, and also the WJ food was not up to RCI standards in terms of variety and quality.

I've been on the Radiance Class before, so I know what to expect. Both are good options, I'm just torn.

Celebrity out of NJ, NCL out of NY all offer 7 days to the Bermuda

Been on NCL before. Not going there again.

Not ready to try Celebrity yet. RCI works for us.

We totally enjoyed our Canada/NE cruise because it was so different. We hadn't been to many of the ports before. It was cool weather, so no beach or pool, but overall it was a wonderful experience.

I wouldn't discount Celebrity Summit out of NJ to Bermuda. It does not fall into the "Celebrity stereotype" of being sedate and lacking in nightlife. The entertainment and activities was far above the non-Oasis/Quantum RCI ships we've been on, and those were two of the very best cruises we have taken. The only area where we'd rank RCI ships over the Summit would be the buffet.

We did not have an overall positive experience on Quantum, so Anthem would be my last choice.

Edited by DonnaK

We totally enjoyed our Canada/NE cruise because it was so different. We hadn't been to many of the ports before. It was cool weather, so no beach or pool, but overall it was a wonderful experience.

I wouldn't discount Celebrity Summit out of NJ to Bermuda. It does not fall into the "Celebrity stereotype" of being sedate and lacking in nightlife. The entertainment and activities was far above the non-Oasis/Quantum RCI ships we've been on, and those were two of the very best cruises we have taken. The only area where we'd rank RCI ships over the Summit would be the buffet.

We did not have an overall positive experience on Quantum, so Anthem would be my last choice.

Even though it wouldn't be my first choice, I did take a look at the Summit to Bermuda. Unfortunately, they don't have any Bermuda sailings in October, so that option won't work.

I'm going to bump this thread up.

Is Canada/NE a really nice place to cruise? I get that the cruise is longer, but is it worth it?

I usually don't look into cruise under 7 nights, but Anthem caught my attention because she's so new, but I've been reading negative things about Quantum Class. Ugh, I'm torn! (I guess I can't complain, because this is a pretty good problem to have!)