July 4th 2016 Getaway Pricing - think it will drop?

Clay Clayton

Since DH and I don't have kids, we have never "had" to sail during school holidays but DB and DSIL want to do a family cruise next year over the Fourth of July holiday on Getaway.

The prices seem outrageously high...yeah, yeah, I know, "supply and demand," "find what you are willing to pay and don't worry about pricing," etc. etc. Over my years on CC I have posted all those things...but just wondering if anyone has any experience with Fourth of July pricing? Think it will fall or continue to go up? Would really love to know what anyone who sailed this past year experienced.

TIA

If I have understood correctly, the new policy from NCL is to not drop the prices the way they used to do in the past. I have also heard that several cruise lines are planning on doing the same. And especially for "high season" cruises, I am pretty certain that will be the case...

Since DH and I don't have kids, we have never "had" to sail during school holidays but DB and DSIL want to do a family cruise next year over the Fourth of July holiday on Getaway.

The prices seem outrageously high...yeah, yeah, I know, "supply and demand," "find what you are willing to pay and don't worry about pricing," etc. etc. Over my years on CC I have posted all those things...but just wondering if anyone has any experience with Fourth of July pricing? Think it will fall or continue to go up? Would really love to know what anyone who sailed this past year experienced.

TIA

I have a group for the Breakaway, leaving 7/2

From my experience of price watching nothing much moves in high season especially for the Caribbean (they just add packages on to tempt you)..

The Med situation though seems to be rather different .. In lower (out of school hol)seasons UK prices seem to tumble in the last month, sometimes on a weekly basis as the sail date approaches.

Edited by JimJoan

I would also recommend looking at the weeks around the 4th. This year we went the week before on the Getaway and last year we went the week after on the Gem. Both years the pricing was much more attractive than the week of the 4th. For the Gem cruise the price for the week after the 4th was some of the most attractive for the whole summer.

I cruised last 4 th of July with 16 people, 8 staterooms. The pricing didn't change much it went down just a little nearer the cruise date but not significantly . If you want specific rooms near each other, I would recommend booking early and paying the price. That's what we did, it was a great time, love the Getaway.

We booked the cruise 7 days before sailing. We had a Balcony room and paid exactly $200 less per person than what they have as their advertised price right now for your trip next July 4th.

As an FYI - I didn't see anything spectacular for the 4th of July. There were a few tacky paper decorations and many people had "flag" t-shirts, but there weren't fireworks or anything that necessarily celebrated the holiday.

I didn't feel that we over-paid for our vacation and we were able to take advantage of the Free Unlimited Beverage Package. It was our first NCL cruise and we enjoyed it so much that we've booked again for next April.

We cruised on the week of the 4th this past July on the Getaway. After returning home, we decided we wanted to cruise again next summer so I got online. The prices have gone up compared to what we paid this year, and of course you have to "pay" for the free beverage package. I agree with other posters, go ahead and put your deposits down now. This way you can get your cabins close. Keep an eye for price drops. And Mumachaz is right, there is nothing special about cruising on specifically on the 4th other than seeing a lot of flag tees :cool:

I would also recommend looking at the weeks around the 4th. This year we went the week before on the Getaway and last year we went the week after on the Gem. Both years the pricing was much more attractive than the week of the 4th. For the Gem cruise the price for the week after the 4th was some of the most attractive for the whole summer.

Unfortunately the prices are just about the same and DB wants to use one less day of vaca by going over the fourth holiday.