Phil Anderson Piano Man

gunkelj

I was on Oasis in June and some guy was putting us all to sleep. No top tunes with which to sing along. Only old tunes for the 70 year olds. It was awful. He was out of touch with the audience and playing his favorite Broadway hits from the 40's or something.

He is entertaining but he won't play any requests unless he is tipped

That's interesting, because every cruise we've been on with Phil he's asked for requests and played almost all of them without a tip requirement. The only ones he didn't play were songs he didn't know or songs that you can't do on a piano very well.

He is entertaining but he won't play any requests unless he is tipped

Interesting...we've seen him on three cruises and he's never played solely for tips. He just hollers out, "What's next?" and people holler back. Many tip as they leave, but it wasn't a pay by song sort of thing.

Just got off the Navigator on Sunday. Our group of 26 went every night he played. Always asked for request some tipped some didn't but if he knew it it played it. Always got the crowd involved. Great fun!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Has anyone heard Phil Anderson who plays the piano on the Royal ships? Trying to find out if he plays elevator piano music or sing alongs in the Schooner Bar?

Thanks

He was on Navigator of the Seas 8/9/15.

He does not play elevator music. More like easy listening 70's stuff. Not my preference, personally -- but he seemed to always have a decent audience that appeared happy to be there. ;) Nobody was singing along with him though. I am not a night owl or a drinker so maybe that happens after midnight and too many cocktails.

• 2 years later...

Phil is great. He takes a lot of requests and never asked for tips. The only things he didn’t play were things he didn’t know at least half the song. :) He even played a really tough one with lots of freaky chords, figured it out right quick on the fly. I’m a professional musician and it was HARD, but someone wanted to sing it and he did it. He’s great.