Less time on BA=more frustration with plans

mitsugirly

I'm getting really frustrated with trying to make our plans for this upcoming cruise in October on the Breakaway. The more I think about things, the more I feel like there's less we can do.

My plan fell through for the jet skiing/boating day in St George since they no longer offer the pontoon boat that will accommodate all of us (10 people) there in St George. So, it looks like we will just be doing the jet skiing that day. We were originally going to do the jet skiing then boating and then return for a full day of visiting the Clearwater beach area (something I DEFINITELY want to do this time around) for as long as we can. Now, it looks like we'll have to fit our Clearwater beach day in on the same day as our jet ski tour, which means less time at the beaches of course. :(

Now, we had originally planned to take the #7 bus and be dropped off at Warwick and work our way back to Horseshoe on the last day (since this is what we tried to do the last time we were there and our plans got messed up). However, I'm now thinking there's just not enough time for this and we may have to do this on the first day instead of heading over to St George for a full day there.

Tell me if my thinking is correct...or am I missing something or just over thinking this? :o

The earliest we would be able to catch a bus would be 8:50am. I have learned from last time that the buses are not always on time nor do they always leave on time. I'm guessing it's around a 40-45 min drive to Warwick, so that would put us there around 9:30-9:45. Then allow walking time from the bus stop down to Warwick and then begin our journey walking along the beaches heading back toward Horseshoe Bay. Of course we would like to spend a little time at certain beaches if we could so we get to enjoy it and not just "walk" the entire time.

The ship leaves at 3pm so we would have to be on board by 2pm. I would say you need to be waiting at the bus stop by 1pm, which means you would start your walk up there by 12:45ish (or catch the $2 shuttle if they are there).

Playing it safe, that would basically only give us around 2 1/2 hours for beach time. This just doesn't sound like enough time to walk from Warwick back to Horseshoe while enjoying any of it. Am I right? I love the beach and would hate to just spend it walking and not getting to play in the water or checking out the fish. (My little one would have a fit as well since she's convinced she's a mermaid and needs water...just saying)

Should I forget this idea on the last day since the times have changed with our departure and do something closer to the dockyard?

Open to suggestions.

It's at most a 20 minute walk from Horseshoe Bay to Warwick Long Bay or return. That leaves you a decent amount of time to spend on the beach.

You could take the #7 "Special" from Dockyard to Horseshoe Bay and then walk to Warwick Long Bay. That actually might save a couple of minutes versus taking the #7 local directly to Warwick Long Bay, particularly if a "Special" is the first bus boarding at Dockyard. You could also take the $16 round trip shuttle to Horseshoe Bay, which goes directly to and from the parking lot, saving the walk up and down the hill.

To me a couple of hours on the beach is more than enough.

Edited by njhorseman

My tip .. Walk from Warwick to Horseshoe ONLY

#7 can be a long wait a Warwick.

from Horseshoe Specials run often plus #7's give you a much shorter wait for a bus.

And @ Horseshoe you have facilities available to clean up before the bus trip .

Warwicks has an out-house.:eek:

Don't forget No wet swimsuits and a coverup needed on the public bus as a Bermuda rule.;)

It's at most a 20 minute walk from Horseshoe Bay to Warwick Long Bay or return. That leaves you a decent amount of time to spend on the beach.

You could take the #7 "Special" from Dockyard to Horseshoe Bay and then walk to Warwick Long Bay. That actually might save a couple of minutes versus taking the #7 local directly to Warwick Long Bay, particularly if a "Special" is the first bus boarding at Dockyard. You could also take the $16 round trip shuttle to Horseshoe Bay, which goes directly to and from the parking lot, saving the walk up and down the hill.

To me a couple of hours on the beach is more than enough.

It may only be a 20 minute walk, but I can't imagine having enough time to spend at each place. I know we definitely want to spend some time at starting out at Warwick taking pictures and stuff. Then we wanted to stay at Jobson's for a little while and also Stonehole. Since 2 of the families traveling with us this time have never been to Bermuda, I'm sure they'll want to experience Horseshoe and baby bay as well.

We are beach bums. We love the water. We go to the beach here at home every single Sunday and jet ski, cook out and just hang on the beach from 1pm until around 9pm and it still never seems like long enough. We even try to squeeze in the same routine on Thursday when we can. We just love the beach. :D So what might be enough for some, is usually never enough for our family. :p

We really didn't want to have to go to Horseshoe and then walk to Warwick and then back. That was our problem last time (getting dropped off at Horseshoe and then no one wanted to walk to Warwick and have to walk back). We would definitely spend most of our time just walking instead of in the water or hanging on the beach, so that probably wouldn't be the best thing for us to try to do. :(

I wonder if the taxi's that will take you all the way back to the dockyard for a decent price will still be there in October like they were last time we were there. That "could" save some time in getting back (or having to wait on a bus). But then again, I'm sure there will be a lot of people trying to do the same thing in order to get back to the dockyard in time to board the ship.

My tip .. Walk from Warwick to Horseshoe ONLY

#7 can be a long wait a Warwick.

from Horseshoe Specials run often plus #7's give you a much shorter wait for a bus.

And @ Horseshoe you have facilities available to clean up before the bus trip .

Warwicks has an out-house.:eek:

Don't forget No wet swimsuits and a coverup needed on the public bus as a Bermuda rule.;)

That's exactly what we had planned on doing.

I am a little confused thought about it being a longer wait for the #7's at Warwick than at Horseshoe. Isn't it the same bus? Doesn't this bus run the route coming from Hamilton and going toward the dockyard? If that's the case, it would stop at Warwick to pick passengers up at that bus stop and then continue on to Horseshoe to pick up more and then on to the dockyard...being the same amount of waiting time. :confused:

If we have a bus pass, can we ride the specials? Or is that only if you paid for the $16 round trip pass?

Yes, we will remember about the cover ups on the bus this time. :o

If we have a bus pass, can we ride the specials? Or is that only if you paid for the $16 round trip pass?

You should not be confused. You have been on this board for months. It has been answered something like a dozen times. The Specials are public buses that run on the #7 route and only go as far as Horseshoe Bay. They take the transportation pass, tokens, tickets or exact change. The $16 round trip is for the private Horseshoe Bay Shuttles. The private shuttle does not take bus passes, tokens, etc.

Edited by Charles4515

That's exactly what we had planned on doing.

I am a little confused thought about it being a longer wait for the #7's at Warwick than at Horseshoe. Isn't it the same bus? Doesn't this bus run the route coming from Hamilton and going toward the dockyard? If that's the case, it would stop at Warwick to pick passengers up at that bus stop and then continue on to Horseshoe to pick up more and then on to the dockyard...being the same amount of waiting time. :confused:

Yes, we will remember about the cover ups on the bus this time. :o

OK Try this

Warwick has - #7 only

Horseshoe has - #7 , Special buses , line's of taxi's, and the private shuttle

You should not be confused. You have been on this board for months. It has been answered something like a dozen times. The Specials are public buses that run on the #7 route and only go as far as Horseshoe Bay. They take the transportation pass, tokens, tickets or exact change. The $16 round trip is for the private Horseshoe Bay Shuttles. The private shuttle does not take bus passes, tokens, etc.

Well aren't you a ball of joy tonight? I guess I can appreciate that you removed the rude comment saying "Can't you pay attention?" but then again... :rolleyes:

To be honest, no maybe I don't pay attention if it's not something that I plan on doing/using or something I haven't done before. You might remember my last time here (to Bermuda), I ended up on one of those buses marked "special" and seriously thought it was the $16 bus but yet they took my ticket.

I'm honestly a "hands on" person...I can read about it a thousand times but until I have a visual or have done it, it might not sink in. I'm sorry if that rubs you the wrong way.

So I will continue to ask questions, as I'm sure others on these boards will continue to do and have done in the past, even if they have been answered before. It's up to you if you chose to be helpful and answer/explain it or pass on by it and hit the back button at your disposal. I guess that's the difference between you and I, no matter how many questions others have on this board and no matter how many times I (or others) have answered their question, I will still answer it again and never give a rude remark. I see that as the reason for this board, to be helpful in a kind way. :cool: But you certainly won't find me being rude to another member...unless provoked of course.

Thank you for the help you have given me in the past, even if it was something you felt that you have repeated over and over. It's still very appreciated by myself and I'm sure others as well. :)

OK Try this

Warwick has - #7 only

Horseshoe has - #7 , Special buses , line's of taxi's, and the private shuttle

Yes, I get that. I think I read your statement the wrong way and thought you were saying the #7 runs more at Horseshoe (giving you a shorter wait on them). But I get that there's more transportation at my disposal coming from Horseshoe than Warwick...and I agree, which is one of the reasons I wanted to do the walk that way. Thanks :)

I am sorry if I am asking a question that has been asked and answered but is there a Special to Horseshoe Bay? When I was there last year it was either the 7 or the shuttle, we took the shuttle which was really convenient.

Thanks

Jennifer

I am sorry if I am asking a question that has been asked and answered but is there a Special to Horseshoe Bay? When I was there last year it was either the 7 or the shuttle, we took the shuttle which was really convenient.

Thanks

Jennifer

By all reports the "special" is running.

Thanks

Jennifer

Yes they are running the Special buses. I was on one in June. They may not run them all day. Since I always leave between 8:30 and 9:30 I don't know what they do later.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Charles4515

Thank-you so much for posting all of these photos! Have an upcoming cruise to Bermuda in October and am trying to finalize our 3-day plans. Sometimes visuals are very helpful, especially for us 1st timers to Bermuda. :D

Edited by 13cheermom