Freedom of the Seas OS question

Well, I am exploring options for my first cruise (as a newbie), and I have a question concerning Freedom of the Seas. I will be traveling with a friend, and am debating on the possibility of a Grand Suite - but had a question about the Owner's Suites. Do they only come with queen beds, or can you ask for 2 twins? Would love to have the extra space the Owner's suite offers, but would need 2 beds (and really don't want to have to use the sofa bed option).

Royal's website says "Queen-Size Bed", with no mention of it becoming two twin beds as it mentions for the Grand Suite. I don't think it can be split in the OS.

Thanks, Bob. That's what I thought, but figured I would throw it out there in case anyone knew differently. Hmmmm.......

A JS's beds can be split...it's a good-sized room, and without that high suite price! Of course you don't get the use of the CL, but you aren't paying for it, either!

The OP said absolutely NOTHING about a JS. :rolleyes:

Royal's website says "Queen-Size Bed", with no mention of it becoming two twin beds as it mentions for the Grand Suite. I don't think it can be split in the OS.

Just talked to someone at RC booking to try to find the answer. The booking agent spoke with a supervisor, who said that I could ask for 2 twins or a queen for an Owners Suite. Thought I would pass the info along.

Just talked to someone at RC booking to try to find the answer. The booking agent spoke with a supervisor, who said that I could ask for 2 twins or a queen for an Owners Suite. Thought I would pass the info along.

Good luck. I'm not saying what you heard is not true, but many of us here have not had a good record of customer service reps telling us correct info.

I was on the FOS traveling with my sister and we had an Owners Suite. Customer service told me too the beds could be separated. However, the beds could NOT be separated well at least in the Owners Suite we had. It worked out ok because it was my sister but if it was a friend whom I did not care to sleep with I wouldn't book it.

There is another thread already started with questions about the differences between OS and GS, and I believe someone mentioned their OS had separate beds !

I remember that thread, and that ship might not have been Freedom.

Not true.

NOT TRUE.

NOT TRUE.

If you want to sleep in a separate bed from your friend, DO NOT BOOK AN OWNER'S SUITE.

You are welcome.

:D

Well, I am exploring options for my first cruise (as a newbie), and I have a question concerning Freedom of the Seas. I will be traveling with a friend, and am debating on the possibility of a Grand Suite - but had a question about the Owner's Suites. Do they only come with queen beds, or can you ask for 2 twins? Would love to have the extra space the Owner's suite offers, but would need 2 beds (and really don't want to have to use the sofa bed option).

Not true.

NOT TRUE.

NOT TRUE.

If you want to sleep in a separate bed from your friend, DO NOT BOOK AN OWNER'S SUITE.

You are welcome.

:D

Besides, the Grand Suite usually costs enough less that the Owner's Suite isn't worth it. All of the perks that come with a suite come with BOTH of these stateroom types.

YMMV. ;)