Caribe Deck on Crown

BR47

Caribe balconies are about 9 by 9. Other standard balconies are 9 by 5. I don't know whether there might be an obstructed view somewhere on the deck. You can check the Princess website for that.

Only a portion of your balcony is visible from above, and most people have something better to do than to stare at us. For my money, a Caribe balcony is a great value on the Crown or any other Grand class ship.

Jim

Only a part of the balcony is visible on Caribe Deck from above BUT from below on Dolphin Deck the full deck can be seen by any who happen to be standing by their rail and looking up.

It's so not a problem. Most folks don't stand around their balcony rail and look straight up or down. ;)

LuLu

As others have said, approximately half the depth of the Caribe Deck balconies are covered by the 9 x 5 Baja Deck balconies above, so you get the best of both worlds. And it has been our experience that the folks on the upper deck balconies have much better things to look at than the folks below them. During sail aways, when lots of people tend to be out on their balconies at the railings, you are more likely to see people waving to one another on their balconies - usually people they know. Otherwise, it's never been an issue for us. We agree with the many, many others who feel the Caribe Deck balconies are the best on the Grand Class ships (which includes the Crown Princess). Enjoy! :)

Edited by 5:00_Somewhere

As others have said, approximately half the depth of the Caribe Deck balconies are covered by the 9 x 5 Baja Deck balconies above, so you get the best of both worlds. And it has been our experience that the folks on the upper deck balconies have much better things to look at than the folks below them. During sail aways, when lots of people tend to be out on their balconies at the railings, you are more likely to see people waving to one another on their balconies - usually people they know. Otherwise, it's never been an issue for us. We agree with the many, many others who feel the Caribe Deck balconies are the best on the Grand Class ships (which includes the Crown Princess). Enjoy! :)

Exactly how I feel. My last two cruises were on Grand class ships with a Caribe balcony. Loved the balcony! We spent so much time on our balcony on both cruises.

Absolutely LOVE the Caribe Deck Balconies! So much larger than regular balconies and since half is covered and half not its perfect for myself and my hubby since I love the sun and he loves the shade. Balcony size is also perfect for inviting guests for a private Sail-Away. I was very disappointed that the Royal and Regal have done away with Caribe Balconies. We sailed on the Maiden Transatlantic on the Royal in a Deluxe Balcony and were super disappointed with the very small size of the balconies. If you have any chance ALWAYS book a Caribe Deck Balcony, you will not be sorry.

We were in an aft-facing Caribe balcony on the Crown. It was completely covered. I don't know if it was as large as the other Caribe balconies, but it was plenty large enough for us. We could not see onto anyone else's balcony, and they could not see onto ours. Our view was straight down or out to the ocean, which is just what I wanted.