Port or starboard cabin on Soltice to Alaska

cruisingnana

Am planning a possible cruise for next year on Soltice and need info on cabin selection. Have narrowed it down to possibly a 1B on deck 9, but don't know if it would make any difference to be port or starboard. Any suggestions appreciated.

Am planning a possible cruise for next year on Soltice and need info on cabin selection. Have narrowed it down to possibly a 1B on deck 9, but don't know if it would make any difference to be port or starboard. Any suggestions appreciated.

I bet any side is fine but... on our trip to Alaska I really enjoyed our post side cabin. On the other hand if you depart from Seattle or Vancouver going north you might like a starboard side cabin looking at the coast and the islands/mountains going south. No matter what it will be an incredible trip and we really loved having a room with a view!

We also did the Solstice last year, actually the best cabins would be anything aft especially when going up and down Tracy Arm Fjord. I say aft because if you stay on your veranda you may miss sights on the opposite side of the ship. During the transit they have a naturalist who speaks on the loud speaker system explaining the various sights which can change.

On Solstice to Alaska, we were all over the place - in our cabin, up on deck, in the viewing lounges - there is much to see and you get different viewpoints if you move around.

We had a balcony cabin 9227 on the port (left) side. Just a note that on Solstice, there is smoking permitted on Deck 5, port side. We often saw and smelled smoke so just a little note if you are sensitive. I don't want to turn this into a smoking thread in any way, but since you asked I wanted to let you know. :)

AFT!!!!......I was dragged kicking and screaming on an extended family cruise to alaska....our last minute wait list cabin turned out to be our first aft....it was an awesome experience....not dark til late at night....the 180 degree view was a huge luxury.....ours was the only aft in the group but since then my whole family only books afts....have a great trip!