Sparkling wine in Concierge room?

eandj

We haven't booked a concierge room before.

But have received bottles of champagne as gifts in the past. Since we prefer wine, we have been able to exchange the champagne for a voucher for bottle of wine in the dining room. ( there is a dollar value we were made aware of)

Wondering if the bottle they leave in the c rooms is a full bottle of something and if anyone has ever exchanged it? Or is it just a mini size that we'll use for a couple breakfast mimosas.

Edited by eandj

Reports of success have varied --

some have had an easy time of it, some have been refused, some have pushed or asked a second time and gotten the exchange, some have gotten a credit toward another bottle of wine,

some have just talked to the room steward who was able to accomplish an exchange, others have gone to Guest Relations, others have taken the bottle to the MDR and talked to a sommelier

As in so many things YMMV

Sometimes you can swap it for a so so bottle of white wine, some times you can get about $25 credit toward the purchase of a bottle of wine. We don't like the white so we usually just get some OJ for mimosa or get a shot of peach schnapps and add that to the sparkling wine.

Hi,

every time we have chosen to bring the bubbly to the dining room and had it exchanged for a bottle of still - rouge or blanc. Not a problem.

Gee we are headed on Millenium tomorrow, I get to do the exchange again.

cheers,

dianne

We do one of two things. Take the bottle to MDR & exchange for credit ($25) or use it for room service mimosas.

Mimosas sounds like a good idea if it can't be exchanged for credit - but would have to be on a sea day for me if it's splitting a whole bottle between two people. Sparkling wine doesn't keep very well.

I'd prefer the credit though. I only get to cruise once per year and have heard this "sparkling wine" is not that great. I'd rather apply it towards some good Champagne or other drink upgrades.