What time can we board?

akeasley

Hi, I am traveling on the Coral Princess out of Canada Place next week. My boarding pass says the ship leaves at 4:30 but doesn't mention what time we can start boarding. Would 12:30 be too early? We are walking from our hotel, which will be a 20 minute walk , so don't want to get to the pier too early.

Thank you!!

12:30 fine if it's convenient for you. We have arrived even earlier, like 11AM with no problem. If you board before 1:30 you can have a relaxed lunch in the main dining room. Usually it's the one on deck 6, but just ask to be directed to the dining room open for lunch. We avoid the rush at the buffet.

Every Princess cruise I've taken has boarding times included in the paperwork they sent me. Does yours not have that information.

Not that I can find. I've even received emails from Princess in the past about staggered boarding but can't find a time to board, just the sail away time of 4:30.

12:30 fine if it's convenient for you. We have arrived even earlier, like 11AM with no problem. If you board before 1:30 you can have a relaxed lunch in the main dining room. Usually it's the one on deck 6, but just ask to be directed to the dining room open for lunch. We avoid the rush at the buffet.

I tend to board about 11:30 which gets me in my cabin by noon.

Thanks for your responses!

Don't tell everybody;), they might close it if too many people show up :(

Theo

Hi, I am traveling on the Coral Princess out of Canada Place next week. My boarding pass says the ship leaves at 4:30 but doesn't mention what time we can start boarding. Would 12:30 be too early? We are walking from our hotel, which will be a 20 minute walk , so don't want to get to the pier too early.

Thank you!!

We arrive around 10:30 and boarding starts around Noon.

Not that I can find. I've even received emails from Princess in the past about staggered boarding but can't find a time to board, just the sail away time of 4:30.

Its a suggestion unless the ship is in a deep cleaning mode from a noro outbreak. They will let you know if thats happening.

I usually like to get there by 11:00 at Canada Place. Once you are at the top of the ramp, it takes a while to walk down and through the terminal, then you have the security line, then onto US Customs and Immigration. Then you get to go to the Princess embarkation area. If you get there and they are not ready for you, there will be chairs. When you get through security make sure you go into the correct line. There are usually a couple of sections..those with US or Canadian passports (or Nexus, or Pass cards, etc) and one for all others.

Embarkation day lunch is one of my favorite meals - BUT - the dining room open for lunch will shut its doors at 1:30 (or a few minutes earlier). We always try to check in by 11:00/11:30 and hope to be on board by 12:30. The avocado/bay shrimp appetizer and banana ice cream are wonderful. Many love the salmon, but I love the sliced tenderloin with veggies. Have a great cruise.

I usually like to get there by 11:00 at Canada Place. Once you are at the top of the ramp, it takes a while to walk down and through the terminal, then you have the security line, then onto US Customs and Immigration. Then you get to go to the Princess embarkation area. If you get there and they are not ready for you, there will be chairs. When you get through security make sure you go into the correct line. There are usually a couple of sections..those with US or Canadian passports (or Nexus, or Pass cards, etc) and one for all others.

Embarkation day lunch is one of my favorite meals - BUT - the dining room open for lunch will shut its doors at 1:30 (or a few minutes earlier). We always try to check in by 11:00/11:30 and hope to be on board by 12:30. The avocado/bay shrimp appetizer and banana ice cream are wonderful. Many love the salmon, but I love the sliced tenderloin with veggies. Have a great cruise.

Thank you for the Canada Place info. Neither my mom or I have been to Vancouver before and its always nice to break away from the FLL routine and try a different embarkation port.

I've never eaten in the dining room for breakfast or lunch on a cruise ship. We usually start the cruise with pizza and burgers from the grill.

I like to board early if at all possible. However, my next cruise doesn't depart for another 3 weeks and Princess won't let me board quite that early. Poop.

Has your ship even arrived yet?