Hotel & Ride to Port Everglades

wishinfishin

Lynne & I are cruising on the Serenades of The Seas on November 23rd of this year. We will travel to Ft Lauderdale from Bradenton, FL the night before and stay at someone's hotel. We are hoping for a package which allows us to park the car for the duration of the cruise, get a ride to the cruise (and hotel return) along for a one night stay at the hotel. Any ideas?

Jim

Lynne & I are cruising on the Serenades of The Seas on November 23rd of this year. We will travel to Ft Lauderdale from Bradenton, FL the night before and stay at someone's hotel. We are hoping for a package which allows us to park the car for the duration of the cruise, get a ride to the cruise (and hotel return) along for a one night stay at the hotel. Any ideas?

Jim

Check out the Springhill Suites and Fairfield Inn, both in Dania Beach.

I suggest leaving your vehicle at Park and Go. It is a secure area and their shuttle will have you on your way within minutes of arrival. On return there will be a constant stream of their shuttles at the port. It's only a five minute ride to the cruise port.

You may have to wait for a hotel shuttle each way.

Jim

We are taking the 11-day Serenade cruise 11/2 and we're staying at the Fairfield Inn and Suites in Dania Beach. You can leave your car there up to 14 nights, I believe. I don't remember about a port shuttle, but most FLL hotels don't have free ones. A cab to the port isn't very expensive, though.

We are taking the 11-day Serenade cruise 11/2 and we're staying at the Fairfield Inn and Suites in Dania Beach. You can leave your car there up to 14 nights, I believe. I don't remember about a port shuttle, but most FLL hotels don't have free ones. A cab to the port isn't very expensive, though.

The Fairfield has a port shuttle, and the last time we were there is was around $4 per person.

For a no frills but clean place I suggest Roadway Inn. Free shuttle to the ship, free breakfast and they offer parking. We've stayed there twice and have no real complaints ......really depends on what their charging.

Have stayed here twice. The first time the parking for a week was free. The second time it wasn't. So if you do decide to stay here, make sure you get the price for parking included in your room price.

Thanks to all who responded to my email concerning hotel, parking & ride to Port Everglades.

Jim

Good news to all who are on their way to Florida for whatever reason this week. No hurricane, maybe more rain on the Left Coast near Tampa. It is the rainy season here. The weather will only affect the scalloping season and me out on the boat.