Mariner rewards and benefits reciprocal scheme with other Carnival cruise lines.

seapals2

How about that! i'm not delusional after all!

I don't think anyone thinks you're delusional. The problem is that many people have experienced this package and have not been credited for drinks. Some folks that answer phones in Seattle are not well trained. As you can see two different depts are giving out differing information. Why would they if it was true that you will get the credits. My interest is seeing that correct info is rec'd not saying cc members are always wrong. That gets my back up right away. I'd trust cc member every time based on history.

Well, a lot of people on this board with experience of at least one cruise with Explore4, and some having more than one cruise's experience, are saying it does NOT translate into money spent and therefore cruise spending.

All are saying the the SHIPS do NOT do it the way HAL Seattle says the program works.

Maybe this is new? Maybe the SHIPS are doing it wrong? Maybe HAL Seattle, various departments, are wrong?

Two things I do know from my own long experience: HAL's accounting procedures are atrocious, so I can believe each of the above scenarios; and the disconnect between what happens on the ships and what HAL Seattle thinks happens is an ongoing and entertaining mess.

Someone at HAL is right now looking into this, I am sure.

I hope they get a ton of calls :D. If they stand by this it could make the difference of posters going from one mariner level to another. My guess is that the info going forward will be corrected.

I just called myself and they are clearly confused. I talked to Chris who talked to his supervisor named Theresa. They maintain that it is included in onboard spending. I asked how that could be so since costs are debited or credited and they say the credits are not considered, I asked why folks that have had the package before haven't rec'd credit in the past and they said those folks should call the Mariners society. I asked for confirmation in an email but they couldn't provide that. I encourage everyone to bombard them with requests for credits and I assume that misunderstanding will be cleared up pretty quick.

Oh? Why couldn't they? Seems like a pretty simple thing for them to do.

All I can say is more than one member has received the same answer on two different days. It sure gives me bullets in my gun if I have to do battle after January's cruise. I respect the members past experiences, but it may just be that someone as conniving as me has raised the issue and it's now policy. That would be a positive thing, right?

Well, a lot of people on this board with experience of at least one cruise with Explore4, and some having more than one cruise's experience, are saying it does NOT translate into money spent and therefore cruise spending.

All are saying the the SHIPS do NOT do it the way HAL Seattle says the program works.

Maybe this is new? Maybe the SHIPS are doing it wrong? Maybe HAL Seattle, various departments, are wrong?

Two things I do know from my own long experience: HAL's accounting procedures are atrocious, so I can believe each of the above scenarios; and the disconnect between what happens on the ships and what HAL Seattle thinks happens is an ongoing and entertaining mess.

Someone at HAL is right now looking into this, I am sure.

I agree with everything that you said.

If E4 is now being treated as an amenity that can be purchased like flowers for your room or reserving a cabana at HMC, this would signal a fundamental change from how the program worked in the past. It no longer would be a promotion, but rather an indulgence.

All I can say is more than one member has received the same answer on two different days. It sure gives me bullets in my gun if I have to do battle after January's cruise. I respect the members past experiences, but it may just be that someone as conniving as me has raised the issue and it's now policy. That would be a positive thing, right?

You might have bullets if you had something in writing which they won't give. If you recall earlier I posted an email chat that says you don't. Members are confirming that. They said nothing about a new policy. They said people should contact them to get their credits.

Yes they are... which always makes me wonder why they can be promoted on here yet TA's cannot. But their structure is such that they get a percentage of the booking plus there are other metric based perks/incentives they receive.

I'm not sure what you mean by promoted on here. It's a no no to name a PCC. People mention TAs (not by name) and that is no different than saying PCC.

I hope someone who has an interest in Explore 4 and this question does a live internet chat with Mariners Society and captures it to reprint here. That would be of great benefit to all those who may be seeking credit for past cruises they used Explore 4 and for those who are considering it for future cruises.

Written word always carries far more weight than repeated oral.

I'm not sure what you mean by promoted on here. It's a no no to name a PCC. People mention TAs (not by name) and that is no different than saying PCC.

I've seen people mention PCC's by name all the time. Perhaps I'm seeing them before they are removed? I was unaware of that. Thank you.

Yes they are... which always makes me wonder why they can be promoted on here yet TA's cannot. But their structure is such that they get a percentage of the booking plus there are other metric based perks/incentives they receive.

All I know is I can beat up my PCC for all kinds of info, never get pressured, he points out a better deal when he sees one and pitfalls as well, books a cruise if I want, and then will transfer the booking to my TA with no penalty to me or my TA.

I'm sure PCCs are on some type of bonus structure, but my relationship with him has been the least "salesman-like" of any I've dealt with in the industry. He was the one who told me it was no problem, in fact quite prevalent, to transfer a booking to a TA when I when I pointed out the "added value" perks the TA was offering.

I've seen people mention PCC's by name all the time. Perhaps I'm seeing them before they are removed? I was unaware of that. Thank you.

I know people have mentioned names but not lately, that I've seen. I don't want to test that theory again because I get in enough trouble already for my strong views :D;).

All I know is I can beat up my PCC for all kinds of info, never get pressured, he points out a better deal when he sees one and pitfalls as well, books a cruise if I want, and then will transfer the booking to my TA with no penalty to me or my TA.

I'm sure PCCs are on some type of bonus structure, but my relationship with him has been the least "salesman-like" of any I've dealt with in the industry. He was the one who told me it was no problem, in fact quite prevalent, to transfer a booking to a TA when I when I pointed out the "added value" perks the TA was offering.

Glad you found one you like. Compared to my experiences and those of some friends I think you definitely have the exception and not the rule.

I worked with a couple VERY briefly that were a complete and total joke, couldn't respond to phone calls or emails within DAYS... finally just gave up on it.

Simply wanted to clarify that there is indeed a commission structure. Were that to be what someone makes a decision of using one based on, they should have correct information. That is all.

PCC's are to not to be named individually here on CC. They can be referenced generally as PCC same as for TA's.

Glad you found one you like. Compared to my experiences and those of some friends I think you definitely have the exception and not the rule.

I worked with a couple VERY briefly that were a complete and total joke, couldn't respond to phone calls or emails within DAYS... finally just gave up on it.

Simply wanted to clarify that there is indeed a commission structure. Were that to be what someone makes a decision of using one based on, they should have correct information. That is all.

Hmm, that sounds familiar. :rolleyes:

I once had to jump up and down, dance a jig, and beg to make a final payment. Seems no one could be bothered to 'take my money'. :(

I have always understood HAL PCC's earned (small) commissions.

Edited by sail7seas

I'm not well enough versed in the forum to know how, or if it's possible, to send a private message, but I would be happy to give you his name. He wouldn't have been my PCC for this long if he wasn't so responsive and knowledgeable. I don't suffer fools easily. Maybe I just got lucky, but he's a real professional.

I hope someone who has an interest in Explore 4 and this question does a live internet chat with Mariners Society and captures it to reprint here. That would be of great benefit to all those who may be seeking credit for past cruises they used Explore 4 and for those who are considering it for future cruises.

Written word always carries far more weight than repeated oral.

Already done, Sail, although not with MS. I don't think they have IC. I've written to them (email) and await a reply. Cruz Chic posted the results earlier today of her IC, post #40 I believe.

Edited by Fouremco

I see No option to have a chat directly with the Mariners society. Since you have suggested to do it you must be able know how. My guess is that I'll only see excuses but if you can provide a link I will do it.

You get a general representative on chat. I called direct to the Mariner Society number thinking they should know.

It was a pretty specific question to which we both got the same answer. I'm not sure if we asked it the same way, but we got identical results.

I'm not speaking of this incident specifically. I have seen threads on here where the poster is clearly looking for a specific answer so they phrase their question to be sure to get the desired result.

I'm not well enough versed in the forum to know how, or if it's possible, to send a private message, but I would be happy to give you his name. He wouldn't have been my PCC for this long if he wasn't so responsive and knowledgeable. I don't suffer fools easily. Maybe I just got lucky, but he's a real professional.

CC does not have a private messaging function.

Already done, Sail, although not with MS. I don't think they have IC. I've written to them (email) and await a reply. Cruz Chic posted the results earlier today of her IC, post #40 I believe.

I don't know if you can live chat on line with Mariners, now that you mention it. I was thinking of live chat with whichever rep(s) is assigned that task for the day/week/month. :)

After removing over 20 inappropriate posts, we have closed this discussion.

Once and for all, if any of you don't wish to post in conformity with our guidelines, please don't post at all.

From the Guidelines with which you all agreed to comply when you first registered on Cruise Critic:

"This is a moderated Community. If you do not agree with the terms and conditions of this Web site and do not wish to be bound by them, please do not use this Web site or continue the registration process. Cruise Critic reserves the right to remove any content in its sole discretion. Additionally, if you violate our Community Guidelines you may lose your posting privileges -- permanently -- without warning. If you agree to the terms, please check the 'I agree' checkbox and press the 'Register' button below. If you would like to cancel the registration, please contact our Community Manager at community@cruisecritic.com.

These are moderated message boards. What this means is that we do our best to remove all objectionable messages from the boards. It also means that you cannot say whatever you'd like on the forums. If you are looking for an "anything goes" setting, Cruise Critic might not be the place for you. Understand, too, that our community is comprised of folks who LOVE to cruise. It therefore stands to reason that they will have a favorite cruise line or port of call -- in other words, they are "fans" and will sometimes take offense when a brand new member has arrived on the scene to bash a cruise line."

Edited by Host Walt