Does Princess offer upsells?

jt58203

I've had the same experience. Plus it increases your insurance cost (!)

I did take an upsell offer on HAL this summer. Regrettably unlike Princess they don't seem to give you suite credit if you paid for a lower category and accepted an upsell. I looked at the rules and they speak of "full price".

Princess upsells do not increase the amount of FCC which is based on the original type of cabin booked.

Edited by Astro Flyer

Both of my last 2 cruises on Princess had upsell offers. In both cases I had booked a mini suite and I received the upsell offer within a week of my booking. I accepted both and now it is hard to think of not being in a suite. Both cruises were booked within 45 days of sailing. Im not holding my breath but I just booked a mini for a Coastal in November. Hope I hit the trifecta! :D

How were you contacted?

We booked through our favorite TA to get extra "perks"

Did Princess call? email? or??

Should we be checking prices on the Princess site?

I did remind DH to LISTEN to telephone calls - he is quick to hang up on "soliciters" :D:rolleyes:

Princess upsells do not increase the amount of FCC which is based on the original type of cabin booked.

They increased the Princess Protection cost when I accepted an upsell a couple of weeks ago by about $20. The rep said it was to cover the additional fare :confused:.

U

How were you contacted?

We booked through our favorite TA to get extra "perks"

Did Princess call? email? or??

Should we be checking prices on the Princess site?

I did remind DH to LISTEN to telephone calls - he is quick to hang up on "soliciters" :D:rolleyes:

Since you booked through a TA, it will come through your TA. Princess will email your TA. Don't count on getting an offer, but if you do, it's a bonus.

It's always good to check fares...

Edited by Working 2 Cruise

They increased the Princess Protection cost when I accepted an upsell a couple of weeks ago by about $20. The rep said it was to cover the additional fare :confused:.

Since you paid more for the upsell & increased your covered amount then increasing the insurance premium is understandable to me. Otherwise the upsell amount would not be covered if necessary to cancel a cruise.

U

Since you booked through a TA, it will come through your TA. Princess will email your TA. Don't count on getting an offer, but if you do, it's a bonus.

And your TA must contact you in a timely manner before others snap up the offer.