best menu items in Blu

gail8

We liked the food in Blu. The one thing I did not like was the sauce they put on the steaks. I asked if they would just grill my steak and not put sauce on it...no problem.

I also ordered my lobster broiled and served with drawn butter. DH said he wished he had ordered his that way too..he didn't care for the flavor of the sauce they cooked it with.

Edited by midwestchick

I have been in aqua class a few times and really enjoy dining in Blu. We've had some excellent dishes, such as the beef short ribs and lamb shank (huge portion!) that others mentioned. Also the rack of lamb is excellent. I like the lobster better than in the MDR. Some of the pasta dishes are good; others okay. Most of the soups are delicious (I had one that I didn't care for at all). I'm not a big dessert eater but I do enjoy the crème brulee! :)

Breakfast is a nice variety of foods. Love the blueberry parfait.

Service is very good to excellent; getting in sometimes takes a while at the prime time hours.

Monica

Hi Gail,

It's my first time sailing Celebrity and in Aqua Class at Blu too. Really looking forward to breakfast and dinner. Can't wait to see everyone's opinion. We're not picky but favor more vegetarian options.

Blu has a separate (VERY good) vegetarian menu.

Make sure you ask the Maitre D' or dining room manager for it!

If you are interested in the menus, make sure you click the link in my signature :)

Blu has a separate (VERY good) vegetarian menu. Make sure you ask the Maitre D' or dining room manager for it!

Thank you SO MUCH for menu images, UniPac - it's great to get an idea of what Blu offers!

And thank YOU, chamima, for the tip. I'm a vegetarian, and I had been wondering how I'll fare in Blu. I'm very glad to hear that they offer special dishes for those of us who don't eat meat!

~ Shay

My fave hands down was the bleu cheese souffle. They also have a phylo wrapped halibut that was excellent. Enjoy Blu, it is lovely.

Have to agree with the halibut - this was outstanding for me. Other dishes are often so so. I often see short ribs listed - always seems to be a few pieces of well presented braised steak - very nice but nothing to write home about. On a more positive note, did I mention the Halibut - wow :) ;)