Our Beautiful Breeze cruise (with pics) 8/15/15

Jamman54

Jamman,

I was looking forward to your pictorial since I read your Splendor review a few months ago.

I am thoroughly enjoying your Breeze review so far. I feel like I am on the cruise with you. Thanks for letting us tag along with you and your family.

Jamman,

I was looking forward to your pictorial since I read your Splendor review a few months ago.

I am thoroughly enjoying your Breeze review so far. I feel like I am on the cruise with you. Thanks for letting us tag along with you and your family.

Thanks for following along!

Loved your review!! We are doing the same itinerary on the Sunshine in February. Can't wait! We did the Breeze in 2013 so it was lovely to see it again. I need to remember to check out those "secret" decks on our next cruise!

Thanks for reading! As of now, the Sunshine is next up for us also.

Hi Jamman,

I just finished reading your review and absolutely loved it! Thanks once again for sharing. I look forward to your review of your voyage on the Carnival Sunshine next summer.

Thanks for reading! We are looking forward to the Sunshine, but if the right deal comes our way...... :D

• 1 month later...
Once inside the doors, the process moved very quickly. After having our documents checked, then going through the screening process, we were directed to the Captain’s Lounge, where we were given our sail and sign cards…..

CB0117.JPG

We were one of the first ones in the lounge…..

CB0119.JPG

Soon it will be our time to board!!

CB0123.JPG

Shortly after 11am they made the announcement that it was time for us to board. There was no distinction between Diamond, Platinum, or suite guests, just one big push to the door. I do know that those with FTTF were seated in another location. Because of where we sat, we were fairly close to the front of the line. We were led right to the gangway. We didn’t get an opportunity to take an embarkation photo, simply because the photographers were just beginning to set up as we were led past.

As we got close to actually boarding the Breeze, I told Patti that I was “going to go for it”. Let me try to explain. The first person to present themselves at the Red Frog Pub, is given a free beer, and their picture is taken and posted at the Pub, and also on John Heald’s Blog. My cruise review buddy gapearl had accomplished this feat on her Breeze cruise, so I thought that I would try to start a tradition amongst us cruise reviewers, and try to repeat her feat.

With Ryan leading the way, we boarded the Breeze, and made a beeline to the Red Frog Pub, following gapearl’s advice to take the stairs and not the elevators. However, upon arrival at the Red Frog Pub, we discovered that we were not first. It seems that a wedding party, whom we had not seen, had boarded before anyone else, and decided to take the prize. Talk about an unfair advantage!! Oh well, Patti had caught up to us, and began to take pictures like she always does. She likes to take pictures before the masses board. So she started with a few of the Red Frog Pub. Don’t worry, she’ll cover this venue more extensively as the review progresses! Lol.

CB0126.JPG

CB0124.JPG

Here is Bonsai Sushi, which is right next door to the Red Frog Pub on Deck 5…..

CB0127.JPG

To be continued…..

That sucks big time that you could have been first if not for the wedding! There were 2 or 3 weddings on my Magic cruise when I was first, and I thought one of them would do the same but they didn't. That's definitely an unfair advantage, but hey what can you do. At least you tried and maybe you'll get it next time. I can't wait to read the rest!

Hey Kim! I will be first one day! :D

I see that you are booked on the Pride, and it will be your first cruise on a Spirit Class ship. Can't wait for your take on her, as the Spirit Class is our favorite class of ship, and the Pride is our favorite Carnival ship! :)

Edited by Jamman54

This was a wonderful review and your pictures are phenomenal! My family and I are leaving on Dec 27th for a Western Caribbean New Year's Cruise aboard the Breeze. To say we are excited would be an understatement! I love that your "secret deck" is available for all to enjoy. Where can we find that? Also, the T-Pool in the spa, is that available for all to use, or must one purchase a spa pass to use that?

Loved your insight!

This was a wonderful review and your pictures are phenomenal! My family and I are leaving on Dec 27th for a Western Caribbean New Year's Cruise aboard the Breeze. To say we are excited would be an understatement! I love that your "secret deck" is available for all to enjoy. Where can we find that? Also, the T-Pool in the spa, is that available for all to use, or must one purchase a spa pass to use that?

Loved your insight!

Thanks for reading! To get to the "secret" decks, just go to the very front of the ship on decks 6,7,9,10,& 11 then out the doors.

As for the T-Pool, you must have a spa cabin, or purchase a spa pass, to use it.

Hi Jeff. I rarely post on the Carnival boards but I must say after seeing both yours and Gambee's review of your sailings on Breeze I am lifting my opposition to giving Carnival a try. I think with their newer ships and Vista coming out next year I am now interested in trying the line out. So thank you for your great review :)

Hi Jeff. I rarely post on the Carnival boards but I must say after seeing both yours and Gambee's review of your sailings on Breeze I am lifting my opposition to giving Carnival a try. I think with their newer ships and Vista coming out next year I am now interested in trying the line out. So thank you for your great review :)

My first time trying Carnival was on the Conquest and it was not good. I am giving them another chance on the Breeze in March. This report gives me hope. Thanks for taking the time to write it.

Sue

Thanks for reading!! Give the Breeze a try, I think you will like it!

My first time trying Carnival was on the Conquest and it was not good. I am giving them another chance on the Breeze in March. This report gives me hope. Thanks for taking the time to write it.

Sue

Thanks for following along! I think you picked two winners with the Breeze and Pride. Check out my Pride review in my signature.

Loving your review! I'm just now making it through St. Maarten. I can't believe I'm just now realizing you lost a son last year. I'm so sorry to hear that. :( Dinner at Cucina del Capitano looks delicious! I can't believe I've never eaten there. CD Matt is such a hottie. Can't wait to meet him on Vista. :o

Thanks for your kind words Kim, they are much appreciated.

Cucina del Capitano was awesome for dinner. We highly recommend it!

Matt is a great guy. Though this was the first time we had sailed with him, by mid cruise, he treated us like old friends.

Jamman, read your review and felt like I was there! I am curious about your cabin... is this a cabin one can book online through Carnival? Or maybe you just book using other methods (pvp, etc). Kind of a cruise rookie but was thinking one would get the price advantage of an inside category but at the same time I felt the cabin offered a bit more from your pics. I've tried mock bookings, but do not see these come up.

Edited by katmike

On page 7 you mentioned that you have pre-ordered bottled water. Could you please share how you did that? Can other beverages be pre-ordered, such as carbonated water, juice, etc.?

Thank you.

Thanks for reading!! To answer your questions, go to the Carnival website, click on the "Manage" banner, then click on the "In-room gifts & Shopping" icon.