Our Beautiful Breeze cruise (with pics) 8/15/15

Jamman54

Now that we are docked, it’s time for me to get off the ship. Patti and Ryan are going to go get some breakfast at the Lido Marketplace, and then come join me ashore.

The line to get off the ship at this point is insanely long, but it moves quickly. I am now off the ship…..

CB1541.jpg

There is a lot of debate on the boards as to if the cabanas at Grand Turk are worth the expense. To me, it is a personal choice, and to us it is worth every penny. We love having a place to cool off in and relax. You can leave your things and lock the door if you want to wander off. It’s a nice quiet place to have drinks and eat lunch. On our cruise on the Splendor this past June, we were not able to get a cabana, and because it was so hot, we wound up going back to the ship earlier then we wanted to. We really missed the cabana then.

The best part of having a cabana, are the cabana attendants. Push the button (photo later), and they will come and take your food and drink orders. Now I have read the reviews about slow service, and I’m sure it happens at times, but over the years we have become friendly with a few of the cabana attendants, so when we are there, we get the BEST of service.

So now I’m off to Margaritaville to check in for our cabana. I’m hoping to see Ricardo and Winsome, two of our favorite cabana attendants. As I enter the restaurant I run into Ricardo and we greet each other like old friends. He is not working the cabanas today, but he introduces me to Vanessa, who will be our cabana attendant, and tells her to give us the VIP treatment. He also tells her to take us to cabana #9, because he knows that’s the cabana we always get. He’s right in fact, it’s the only cabana we’ve ever been in. lol.

On the way over to cabana #9 we bump into Winsome who promises to stop by later and say hello to Patti and Ryan. Once there, Vanessa takes my Sail & Sign card, not because we can use it to pay for drinks or food, but to hold it hostage until we pay our bill. It’s standard operating procedure. If you skip out on your bill, you don’t get your Sail & Sign card back, therefore you don’t get back on the ship. You can pay your bill with cash or credit card.

I tell Vanessa that I need a bucket of Landsharks, and within five minutes she’s back with it. I grab one, pour it into a plastic cup, and head to the pool to wait for Patti and Ryan, who are at this very moment, getting off the ship…..

CB1542.jpg

This is our cabana. You guessed it, #9…….

CB1547.JPG

The deck of our cabana…..

CB1548.JPG

CB1549.JPG

Looking into our cabana…..

CB1543.JPG

To be continued…..

Now you have really caught my attention. I think it is worth it based on the itinerary. For GT, the 8-4 port time would be worth it but not the 7-2 port time.

Great review and great pictures. Thank you for posting. I enjoyed reading through all of it and looking at all the pictures. We did the Breeze 3 years ago and loved it. We are doing the Vista next. Can't wait for that.

Thanks for reading!! Enjoy your cruise on the Vista!!

Enjoying the review. I am so sorry for the loss of your son. I cannot begin to know the agony. A very handsome young man.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Thanks for reading and your kind words.

I know I am late getting to this review but can you tell me more about this secret deck????

Reading your review is making me want to change my cove to your inside for this secret deck!!

First off, you don't need to have a 4J cabin in order to use and enjoy the "secret" deck.

Secondly, these decks really aren't a secret. On the Breeze, just go all the forward on decks 6,7,9,10,& 11. There you will find, on either side, doors that will lead outside onto the "secret" deck.

First off, you don't need to have a 4J cabin in order to use and enjoy the "secret" deck.

Secondly, these decks really aren't a secret. On the Breeze, just go all the forward on decks 6,7,9,10,& 11. There you will find, on either side, doors that will lead outside onto the "secret" deck.

Awesome!!! Thanks for your response

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Jeff, We absolutely love your reviews. My wife and I are sailing on the 8th from NOLA, it will be our fourth from that port. I highly recommend it for anyone. That's our favorite port. The views sailing down the river are stunning. Hope to see you on board sometime.

Tod

Glad you like our reviews! I am sure that we will be sailing out of NOLA within the next few years. Really looking forward to it!

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. It has help me alot!!! I felt like I was on the trip with you!! I look forward to reading you other reviews.

Thanks!! If you have any other questions feel free to ask away!

I do have a couple questions. I haven't sailed Carnival since 2012. I know a few things have changed. So, am I correct that you can't bring on cases of water now? But you can order them to be delivered to your room? What about wine? Are adults still able to bring on a bottle per person? Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

GREAT review Jamman, I thoroughly enjoyed it.

At one point, I thought my bed started moving the way it does at sea....but I figured it was your review playing tricks on me!

It's 8 months since my last cruise and I am having serious withdrawals...yet I still have 2 months to go before my next cruise....I'll never pace them this far apart again! But at least this review has given me a bit of solace so thank you.

I do have a couple questions. I haven't sailed Carnival since 2012. I know a few things have changed. So, am I correct that you can't bring on cases of water now? But you can order them to be delivered to your room? What about wine? Are adults still able to bring on a bottle per person? Thanks!

You can't bring cases of bottled water on anymore, but you can pre-order cases of water to be delivered to your cabin for $3.99 a case. Much easier than lugging it aboard!

Everyone 21 and older can bring 1 bottle of wine, up to 750ml.

I can't believe i just found this review. Always look froward to your reviews. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks for reading......once again!

GREAT review Jamman, I thoroughly enjoyed it.

At one point, I thought my bed started moving the way it does at sea....but I figured it was your review playing tricks on me!

It's 8 months since my last cruise and I am having serious withdrawals...yet I still have 2 months to go before my next cruise....I'll never pace them this far apart again! But at least this review has given me a bit of solace so thank you.

Glad you enjoyed it, and that you were able to get your cruise "fix"! :D

Do you by chance have the fun times to scan and post??

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

My scanner is a PITA, so I don't scan all the Fun Times, but my cruise review buddy Kim, (Mitsugirly), is posting a review of the Breeze as we speak, and was on the same itinerary as us, and I know she fully scans them.

Glad you enjoyed it, and that you were able to get your cruise "fix"! :D

:D I'm also on a mission to reach Platinum level with CCL...with the 3 cruises I already have booked, with the last being Dec. 2017, I'll make the magic 75 number. Does that mean that on my next sailing (some time in 2018) I'll get the Platinum card (with priority embarkation!) or will I get it on the sailing that I become Platinum?

:D I'm also on a mission to reach Platinum level with CCL...with the 3 cruises I already have booked, with the last being Dec. 2017, I'll make the magic 75 number. Does that mean that on my next sailing (some time in 2018) I'll get the Platinum card (with priority embarkation!) or will I get it on the sailing that I become Platinum?

If you reach 75 days during that December cruise, you will be considered Platinum for that entire cruise. Congrats!!

If you reach 75 days during that December cruise, you will be considered Platinum for that entire cruise. Congrats!!

That is good to learn!! Woohoo!! :D I can go to the Priority Boarding line and get laundry done and chocolate delivered to my stateroom.....

....it's the little things that get me excited! lol

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...
1 hour ago, princess76021 said:

Hey Jeff!

Wonderful, wonderful!! Although I've been on the Breeze 3 times and I've been to San Juan and Grand Turk I've never been to St. Kitt or St. Marteen. Truely enjoy reading your reviews!!

Now with your permission Im on to another Fascination cruise!

Hugs

Nicki

Thanks Nicki. Enjoy the cruise! 😎

3 minutes ago, Jamman54 said:

Thanks Nicki. Enjoy the cruise! 😎

Thanks Jeff! I'm moving along nicely on the Fascination, it's a pretty crappy day here in Texas, thanks for helping me out! 

BTW, I am in sympathy with you on that muster drill, had a few of them myself!

Being this is as far as I got in your reviews I'm not sure what Patti's hair looks like now but on this cruise it's beautiful! Love her with longer hair!

Hugs

Nicki