drink packages rip off?

hayabusa1430

Ripoff???

It is a very simple math equation based on cost (known) and consumption (known).

No different that any other buying decision.. Simply understand what you are buying and don't make invalid assumptions.

It isn't rocket science.

Edited by iancal

Ripoff???

It is a very simple math equation based on cost (known) and consumption (known).

No different that any other buying decision.. Simply understand what you are buying and don't make invalid assumptions.

It isn't rocket science.

All so very true!! But I need to know if a drink package is worth it!

All so very true!! But I need to know if a drink package is worth it!

It would be worth it if it would cost you less than you would have paid per drink for the number and quality of the drinks you want. You are the ONLY one who can advise you on that. Do your homework: find out the cost of the package, the limitations (drinks per day and quality of the drinks) how much you realistically plan to drink, compare that data vs. what your cost would be if you bought drinks individually (meaning that you need to get the drinks menu for the ship you are planning on sailing) and then you will have your answer.

No one can make that decision for you: get the information, do the arithmetic, then decide for yourself.

• 1 month later...

There was a time that a beverage package may have had value to me. However, now as I get move past middle age to the grumpy old man stage I find that I can't drink as much as I used to and that makes me even grumpier.;) Are they a "rip off"; I don't think cruise lines are in business to "rip off" people but it's up to the individual to determine if the package has value to them....if they do then purchase it and enjoy .... if they don't then don't purchase them.

Edited by Putterdude