When does the upsell fairy usually call?

CruiseBride926

My fiancé and I are getting married on the pride leaving October 26th. When we decided on a cruise wedding we quickly booked what we knew we could afford that day (without saving) because we needed to have the room booked in order to book the wedding and we didn't want to risk losing that date. Cut to now over a year later and we've been putting money aside hoping to get an upsell call and still haven't received one. We've only cruised once before and on that cruise they were calling us nonstop so I kind of assumed that that was the norm but now I'm thinking we had just lucked out on that one. I also don't remember how far in advance those calls were. Should we have gotten a call by now if we were getting one? Is there a number to call to contact them or is it just that we would have to pay the difference on full price? I would hate to do that because prices have gone up so much since we booked. Thanks in advance.

I would not expect or hold out for an upsell. These are the exception and not the norm. I have cruised Carnival 21 times and never been called or emailed. Since it is your wedding and you are getting very close to sailing, if there is a "better" room available and you can afford it and want it, I would book it while you still can. If you are happy with your current room, then stay there with the knowledge there is a slim to none chance you will get a better room at a discounted upsell rate.

Looks like we won't be getting a call then. If we called them would they offer a deal or just have us book the room at the advertised price?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Advertised price is all you can expect. Booking now seem very strong and they are not having a problem filling the ships.

I would not expect or hold out for an upsell. These are the exception and not the norm. I have cruised Carnival 21 times and never been called or emailed. Since it is your wedding and you are getting very close to sailing, if there is a "better" room available and you can afford it and want it, I would book it while you still can. If you are happy with your current room, then stay there with the knowledge there is a slim to none chance you will get a better room at a discounted upsell rate.

Yeah that's what I was thinking. We don't have a bad room it's just that this is our wedding so it would be cool to have something a little nicer. I just have to decide if this is worth giving up a birthday and Christmas present for haha

Some people have never gotten an upsell call...

If you want something more you will probably need to bite the bullet and pay the difference based on current prices.

Are you cruising over Halloween? Probably not a good cruise for price reductions.

We get back on Halloween

I think it depends on what's selling, and if they need cabins in a certain category. On my upcoming cruise, they sold out of interior cabins but there were lots of balcony cabins left, so then a ton of people on our roll call who were booked in interior cabins, got upgrade offers to balconies, thus opening up a lot more interior cabins which tend to sell faster. This was about 45 days out from sailing.

Thanks for all the responses. While it would have been great to be able to do an upgrade I really don't think it's a big enough deal that I'm going to pay that much more for a better room. Heck with the way prices went up I don't even think I'd be ok paying for a kind of better room haha

Honestly I think it's very very random. I would never hold out for an upsell call. If you want one, call and talk to them and don't wait to upgrade. If you have saved money and set it aside I would do it now, before the category you want is gone.

We have received one upsell call and we got it probably about 2 weeks before the cruise left, but again, don't hold out for it!

I am sailing on my 21st Carnival cruise next month. About two weeks ago I received an email offering to upgrade me from my mid-ship balcony to a mid-ship ocean suite for an additional $400 total. It was the first time we have ever received an email, and never a phone call.

As we booked this cruise while sailing last year on the Splendor, our rates were much lower than the going rates - and as I have never stayed in a suite before...I jumped at the offer!

I'm so excited...and I just can't hide it! :p

My fiancé and I are getting married on the pride leaving October 26th. When we decided on a cruise wedding we quickly booked what we knew we could afford that day (without saving) because we needed to have the room booked in order to book the wedding and we didn't want to risk losing that date. Cut to now over a year later and we've been putting money aside hoping to get an upsell call and still haven't received one. We've only cruised once before and on that cruise they were calling us nonstop so I kind of assumed that that was the norm but now I'm thinking we had just lucked out on that one. I also don't remember how far in advance those calls were. Should we have gotten a call by now if we were getting one? Is there a number to call to contact them or is it just that we would have to pay the difference on full price? I would hate to do that because prices have gone up so much since we booked. Thanks in advance.

We've never once been offered an upsell nor an upgrade in 17 Carnival cruises.

Thanks for all the responses. While it would have been great to be able to do an upgrade I really don't think it's a big enough deal that I'm going to pay that much more for a better room. Heck with the way prices went up I don't even think I'd be ok paying for a kind of better room haha

A lot depends upon how much time you would expect to stay in your cabin. For us not much so unless we get a good deal we are happy with inside.

Funny, I've never received an upsell until now, and then I got two within the past week.

Sailing on the Freedom in October, got an email offer for a jr. suite for an additional $340. And then for the Glory Journey cruise in Feb - additional $60 for a balcony cabin on Panorama deck.

We are sailing on Oct 24 and got an upsell call when we were 60 days out. It was for an OV to a balcony.

We don't cruise till January 2016 and received a couple of email "upsells" so far.

I just got a call today, 39 days out from my October 10 cruise on the glory. They wanted $660 to upgrade me from about any to a suite. I turned it down I thought it was too much. This is the only upsell call I have ever gotten in seven cruises.