Norwegian Breakaway Dining Help

Oldrunner1959

Sailing on 9/20 and have made reservations at one specialty restaurant ... but since I'm not sure about which others I'll want to eat in, would like to wait until we board. I've heard mixed reviews on the ability to walk in to both complementary and specialty restaurants ... and would love to hear specifics from past cruisers. We do not have a dining package so plan on eating mostly complementary.

Thanks.

We will be sailing on the same cruise! So cheers! I have never had a problem doing my specialty restaurant reservations on board. For the complementary dining rooms we just walked up whenever we wanted to eat. We never waited more than a few minutes. I don't think our cruises have ever been 100% full so that could be a factor as well as if you were to go when school is not in session.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sailing on 9/20 and have made reservations at one specialty restaurant ... but since I'm not sure about which others I'll want to eat in, would like to wait until we board. I've heard mixed reviews on the ability to walk in to both complementary and specialty restaurants ... and would love to hear specifics from past cruisers. We do not have a dining package so plan on eating mostly complementary.

Thanks.

Even at the most peak times, you will not have any problem walking into Taste and/or Savor for dinner. You might have a short wait if there is a line, but it's not a big deal. Relax and have a cocktail at the bar right outside. You will never need a reservation depending upon the size of your party of course. Larger parties (8 or more) may require a wait or a standing reservation.

The Manhattan may incur some delays at peak time, but nothing substantial.

O'Sheehan's is not usually a problem either.

For specialty restaurants, the situation is different. Most of them hold only 200 people or less at any one time, and there are up to 4500 passengers... so do the math. This means reservations are required. Cagneys and Le Bistro will be difficult and Teppanyaki will be impossible without reservations. I suggest strongly you make some reservations now since they are available online.

Thanks.

I think you should book them now so you have them, but then cancel if you decide you don't want to go. Do you have the UDP? If so, may as well make the reservations since you're not getting charged. I think (not entirely sure but I know someone one here will correct me if need be) you have 24 hrs before reservation to cancel with no penalty.

Have a great cruise!

Just off the Breakaway 2 weeks ago. By far our favorite specialty restaurant was "Teppanyaki" without question. Definitely make reservations as soon as possible. We were not at all thrilled with Cagney's or Moderno and it's too dark inside those two. You will not be disappointed in Teppanyaki.

You should not have a problem making the reservation once you are on the ship. They only make about 15% of the reservations pre boarding and save another 15% for the day of. If you do decide to do them before your cruise be aware that you are paying for the reservation in advance even if you have a dining package. The charge will remain on your account until the last day and then credited back to you. It is like your floating the ship the money for that whole time.

If you do decide to do them before your cruise be aware that you are paying for the reservation in advance even if you have a dining package. The charge will remain on your account until the last day and then credited back to you. It is like your floating the ship the money for that whole time.

I booked all my specialty dining reservations (four restaurants) in advance on-line. I have the dining package (UDP) and was not charged for any of them, even when I made reservations for four people. I presumed the system recognized the package I had and let me reserve without paying. I'm on the Breakaway on November 8th.

Just off the Breakaway last week. I had the UDP and I made all my reservations ahead of time. Once on board, I did cancel one or two, and re-booked another. I was glad I booked reservations ahead of time. This way I got the times I wanted.

i Agree, we just returned about two weeks ago too, Teppanyaki was our FAVORITE specialty , we too experienced the same, not impressed with Cagney's nor Moderno's. So, our suggestion also is that folks DO make the reservations ahead for Teppanyaki since seating is limited. our next cruise booked next August, we plan to do Teppanyaki, maybe even twice that week.