Who is HAL for?

NOSaints1

I'd say go for it. It sounds like you would enjoy a quiet environment a lot more than one with loud, overwhelming music. I went on HAL for the first time recently (review with a lot of photos below), and had a great time. I took the wife and my 3 teenage boys, and it was a nice, relaxing trip.

Take a peek at some photos, and you will also notice that this group is a lot closer-knit than some of the other boards on here. Enjoy!

Where is the review link?

Do they have canned Coke or bottles and what's the drink packages like?

canned Coke.

Drink packages - assuming you are referring to the Explore 4 or the one you purchase (Signature Beverage Package). Best to read a few threads or even HAL for Dummies.

POA1 had a great thread on the drinking packages. It's got a lot of views so it shouldn't be hard to find.

Edited by kazu

For NOSaints1 (and any other relative neophyte HAL cruisers and potential HAL cruisers), I am attaching a copy of the HAL "Know Before You Go" booklet which has answers to many (but certainly not all) HAL cruising questions. I suggest you follow up with HAL Ship Services on any remaining questions after you have perused the booklet ... and of course come back to the CC Forum for anecdotal information and opinions ...

Have a great cruise!!!

HAL Know Before You Go brochure.pdf

or, depending on your point of view, "personal experience"

... I thought that is what anecdotal information is (From dictionary: "... based on personal observation, case study reports, or random investigations rather than systematic scientific evaluation") ... if it isn't, then I agree that (regardless of "your point of view") you can get other posters' "personal experience" information here as well ... I'm always happy to be corrected when I have made a misstatement ...

Edited by avian777