Best place to eat on breeze embarkation day!

dh464

Hi Dh464 :)

On embarkation day aboard the Breeze my wife & I like to enjoy the complementary Captain's Pasta Bar at the Cucina del Capitano Italian restaurant, YUM!

Screenshot_2015-09-02-05-23-04-1_zps1nlh23yq.png

:)

Another vote for Cucina del Capitano............most people don't know about it and I've never seen it crowded on embarkation day!

I haven't been on the breeze yet but we board on Sunday! I have already told my husband I am going to Blue Iguana but after hearing about the pasta bar I might have to have a 2nd lunch there too.

The pasta bar is wayyyyyyy better than the Blue Iguana. We ate at the pasta bar every day for lunch. Had the burritos at Blue Iguana for breakfast.:D

Hi :)

I forgot to add this to my original reply to this thread..

The hours for Cucina del Capitano on embarkation day are:

11:30am to 2:30pm

Hi Dh464 :)

On embarkation day aboard the Breeze my wife & I like to enjoy the complementary Captain's Pasta Bar at the Cucina del Capitano Italian restaurant, YUM!

Screenshot_2015-09-02-05-23-04-1_zps1nlh23yq.png

The pasta bar is wayyyyyyy better than the Blue Iguana. We ate at the pasta bar every day for lunch. Had the burritos at Blue Iguana for breakfast.:D

The best things on the lunch end at BI are the pork or beef tacos. You get to make use of the Salsa bar for toppings. Wide variety of items. Pass on the fish as they tend to be fish nuggets heavily breaded. For the forward Lido deck on embarkation day, the BI side gets overlooked relative to Sunglasses Neck's side. Seating is a bit difficult though. So for quieter/quicker service Cucina or Tandori fit the bill better.

I had beef kabobs, raita ( yogurt sauce), basmati rice, tandoori chicken, and some lentil curry ( daal) with freshly baked naan bread from the Indian Tandoor Grill on Lido.

It was fantastic and satisfied a craving I had for months for good Indian food, which is hard to come by in South Florida. I am shocked more people don't eat at Tandoor Grill because it is so delicious!

I also enjoyed a slice of cheesecake and a slice of lemon meringue pie from the dessert station on Lido, both excellent :)

Did they have butter chicken?

I've never had that at the Tandori. Tandori Chicken and Tandori Fish (which is really good). This isn't a full blown Indian restaurant, just a grill, hence the Tandori name.:)

Really? I thought the dining room was always open for lunch or brunch on seadays?

On sea days yes. But first day is usually considered embarkation day, and thus the answer is No.

Yes, they did actually on the first day at Tandoor Grill buffet when I was on board the Breeze last week. The butter chicken was good, but I preferred the beef kebab ( amazing).

PS: Other dishes through the week were: Tandoori chicken, tandoori fish, curry chicken, butter chicken and beef kebab mentioned above, shami beef kabab, beef vindaloo, curry beef, various types of daals, curries, palak paneer, paneer masala, rajma chawal ( indian style red beans), channa masala, hummus, beef and spinach meatballs in spicy spinach sauce, grilled corn on the cob with spices, feta cheese and tomato slice salad, fresh naan, aloo kobi, white basmati rice, pulao rice, and then one day they had beef, chicken AND veg ( potato and pea) samosa. I have missed a few, but it was very extensive what they offered through out the week.

The day with the longest wait time in line was the samosa day. They couldn't get them out fast enough to keep up with the demand.

It was heaven for someone like me who loves good ethnic food, especially Indian food, but who has limited access to good Indian in my area. I ate a little from Tandoori every day at lunch lol :)

Edited by CocoCandy

I haven't been on the breeze yet but we board on Sunday! I have already told my husband I am going to Blue Iguana but after hearing about the pasta bar I might have to have a 2nd lunch there too.

See you at Cucina on Sunday, LOL! That is always my first stop.

We're there Sunday too. Our plans are to start with a Guy's burger. We are thinking of Cucina for dinner Sunday night though.