Keeping track of what you drink

freeon

Those three "free" drinks must be consumed during those diamond lounge hours, as well.

Ok..but not in the lounge. I can stay out by the pool and use those 3 free drinks there. And then I could head to the lounge to continue to drink unlimited drinks there till the 3rd is up?

Also, any idea why they limit the 3 drinks to just the same hours as the lounge? It doesn't cost any more or less to drink during the day or night, so why would RCI care what time of day you cash in your 3 free drinks?

... Also, any idea why they limit the 3 drinks to just the same hours as the lounge? It doesn't cost any more or less to drink during the day or night, so why would RCI care what time of day you cash in your 3 free drinks?

The 3 drink vouchers were meant to help alleviate crowding in the lounges during the cocktail hour. Also, if you could use them anytime, they would be more likely to be used. There are many nights that we don't use all 3 of our vouchers. If we could use them for a beer during the day, we would be much more likely to consume all 3 every day.

Edited by clarea

that's 21 "free" drinks for a week cruise...over $200 value that I would be taking full advantage of.....if I make Diamond, I earned them!!

I haven't used the Diamond Lounge or the "free" drinks yet, but, my understanding is it is just beer, wine, simple highballs, you can't get things like Margaritas, Pina Coladas, etc. Also, can anyone answer my question about advantages/disadvantages of buying the package ahead of time? I thought for sure Bob would answer me, but, {sigh}...he let me down..{sigh}

Just kidding, Bob, you know I love you! :D:D

I haven't used the Diamond Lounge or the "free" drinks yet, but, my understanding is it is just beer, wine, simple highballs, you can't get things like Margaritas, Pina Coladas, etc. Also, can anyone answer my question about advantages/disadvantages of buying the package ahead of time? I thought for sure Bob would answer me, but, {sigh}...he let me down..{sigh}

Just kidding, Bob, you know I love you! :D:D

You are correct...the voucher drinks are the same basic drinks you would get in the DL...

When I bought the soda package I bought it onboard using OBC, it was exactly the same price as it would have been if I'd ordered it online...this was in Port Canaveral...I would imagine the other packages would be the same...so I would wait & use your OBC...

When I bought the soda package I bought it onboard using OBC, it was exactly the same price as it would have been if I'd ordered it online...this was in Port Canaveral...I would imagine the other packages would be the same...so I would wait & use your OBC...

Thanks, Karen! I just got an email from RC that if I spend over 450 on the cruise, I will get 3 extra points. I'm already getting double points for sailing solo (I think they still do this), so, that helps. DiamondPlus, here I come!

We took photos of each other with each alcoholic drink we got. Easier to remember and doesn't get blurry the more you stink.

Counted them up afterwards when reviewing photos. Use a finger to represent what day. (1 sideways = 6, 2 sideways = 7, and so on...)

It was well worth it on a 3 night and a 7 night. Its a fun way to capture the trip.

If you're really interested in keeping track of how many drinks you buy, I'd suggest placing a sticky note on the back of your ship's ID and carrying a small golf pencil. You could use a new sticky every day, and you'd have a good record at the end of the week.