Pictures

blazzn00

Near as I judge, they have 100s of kg* of photos printed at the end of each cruise. One photo staffer told me they are recycled to recover the silver which is very likely. Once the cruise is over, the digital files would still exist but then they would have to sit on some server but with no good way to know if they are selling the photo to the real owner. (Granted, you could buy a photo of some other passenger on the ship. "Hey, nice shot of the couple we are travelling with. They will love this as a gift.")

* 220s of pounds -- but that does not read as well. Science geek humour.

Near as I judge, they have 100s of kg* of photos printed at the end of each cruise. One photo staffer told me they are recycled to recover the silver which is very likely. Once the cruise is over, the digital files would still exist but then they would have to sit on some server but with no good way to know if they are selling the photo to the real owner. (Granted, you could buy a photo of some other passenger on the ship. "Hey, nice shot of the couple we are travelling with. They will love this as a gift.")

* 220s of pounds -- but that does not read as well. Science geek humour.

I doubt there is silver used any more to print these pictures.

Just paper recycling.

I suspect the digital files are soon erased also so the disc space can be used again.