Going on Breakaway with 1.5 year old... Sleeping Question

acimag

Anyone else have to deal with this problem. Since birth we have put the baby in her own room at bed time. She sleeps alone and has no problem. We are worried about having her sleep in the pack and play all week. she is going to stay up all night. any tips so we don't have a crying baby all week. We like sleep as well.

Hopefully, you have a balcony cabin, so you can put the baby to bed...and go on the balcony, leaving baby alone until she falls asleep....a balcony gives you extra space "to be" without sitting in a dark cabin!

I doubt she'll be up all night...she'll get tired at some point!!!!

Anyone else have to deal with this problem. Since birth we have put the baby in her own room at bed time. She sleeps alone and has no problem. We are worried about having her sleep in the pack and play all week. she is going to stay up all night. any tips so we don't have a crying baby all week. We like sleep as well.

Why are you worried about the pack and play? Get her used to it at home and it shouldn't be a big problem.

Ask your cabin steward for an extra regular sheet and drape it as a screen between baby and you. This should help. Turn the lights off and keep the tv volume very very low. The first night might be a bit of a problem but she will eventually go to sleep. Make sure you have brought her favorite blankie and stuffed animal.

You might also ask for ideas on CC Family Forum. I'm sure others have had similar question.

DS is also a good but not very flexible sleeper. He will sleep fine in a pack n play, but not if he can see us! We did make use of our balcony when we put him down for naps most days. Also we were on Epic where there is a curtain separating the bathroom area from the main room, so we put him in the little entry way between the shower compartment and the toilet compartment so we could pull the curtain and he couldn't see us. I agree with other suggestions of trying to find a way to drape a sheet or similar to make a separate space for her.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I agree with the posters suggesting putting sheet or overs over the pack and play. When we cruised and the boys were little we sailed Disney and they had a curtain to pull across the room. It worked great since it was dark enough on their side for them to sleep and gave us enough separation. I would think covering the pack and play would work as well. You might even bring some of the command hooks to hang the sheet like a curtain.

That's genius

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks!

I should note that the shower curtain should be fabric. Plastic ones could cause issues with young kids and don't allow for good airflow. A flat sheet also works if you bring magnetic clips rather than hooks. Just make sure that the magnets are very, very strong ones. You should have to tug to get them to break away from a metal surface.

• 2 weeks later...