whoopeewoo

whoopeewoo

I have looked into Shearings holidays in the past, a reputable UK-based tour operator. They have chartered the Mps Rotterdam from Feeenstra Rijn Line for a few years now:

http://feenstrarhineline.nl/our-fleet/40/m.p.s.-rotterdam/

She was built in 1969 and completely refurbished in 2009. At 239ft she is certainly a smaller vessel, but only accommodates 109 passengers. I cannot link you this information as it comes from an agency site. Mention of travel agents is not allowed on cruisecritic.

There is a lift mentioned, but for example no fitness centre. That you will find on almost all the large modern ships catering to the North-American market.

I have seen the Rotterdam and she looks well-looked after from the outside. However, as I have not travelled on her (or the other boats chartered by Shearings) I cannot give you any more information.

"Treasures of the Rhine" is certainly a nice itinerary, with intensive coverage of the scenery of the Seven mountains range (area of Bonn - Königswinter) and the lower Middle Rhine, as well as the small towns of the Moselle. However, on this tour they do not sail the castle stretch so famed for its romantic appeal. I cannot see from the online itinerary if they offer a coach excursion into the valley.

By the way, if there is a little more money available in your kitty why not have a look at the other tour operators or the river cruise companies in Britain...

Have fun planning.

notamermaid