Specialty Restaurants

danadi18

Which is your favorite? Cagneys, Food Republic, Teppanyaki, Pincho, Bayamo...so many to choose from!!! I'm sailing the Escape in December and I can finally start booking my reservations for the specialty restaurants in a few days. Any recommendations? Also, does anyone know if I could possibly find a menu to any of these?

Thanks in advance!

Which is your favorite? Cagneys, Food Republic, Teppanyaki, Pincho, Bayamo...so many to choose from!!! I'm sailing the Escape in December and I can finally start booking my reservations for the specialty restaurants in a few days. Any recommendations? Also, does anyone know if I could possibly find a menu to any of these?

Thanks in advance!

Cagney's, Cagney's, and Cagney's. All the rest are just so so, but that's only our opinion.

You can probably find the menus (although maybe not current) if you use the Search this Forum tool and put in "Cagneys Menu" and "Le Bistro Menu" and so on.

IME, favorites can vary by ship (obviously staff play a major part). I would wait for some reviews to come in on the Escape restaurants. Even if the online res'v fill, there are openings when you board (supposedly they only full 30% online).

I had a horrible experience at Teppanyaki. It was bad enough that I have never returned on any ship and won't. The main reason is 'tho that there are so many options, especially on the Escape, that I don't think it's worth another try.

Thanks in advance!

IME, favorites can vary by ship (obviously staff play a major part). I would wait for some reviews to come in on the Escape restaurants. Even if the online res'v fill, there are openings when you board (supposedly they only full 30% online).

I had a horrible experience at Teppanyaki. It was bad enough that I have never returned on any ship and won't. The main reason is 'tho that there are so many options, especially on the Escape, that I don't think it's worth another try.

We did Teppanyakis 3 times, but I have to be honest, it has been years. Never did we think it was worth the extra charge. We love Le Bistro, think, for meat lovers, you can't beat Modernos and the Italian restaurant is ok, worth the $15 but no more.

Which is your favorite? Cagneys, Food Republic, Teppanyaki, Pincho, Bayamo...

3 of your 5 have never been experienced yet, which is why you are getting so many responses about things you didn't ask. So basically you are asking if people like Cagney's or Teppanyaki better.... I like both, but of those two I prefer Cagney's.

If I remember, I'll revisit this post after the Escape TA so I can answer your question.

Just back from Alaska on the Pearl which is a fun ship and medium size but will have to admit that Le Bistro on the Pearl did not impress me like Le Bistro on the Epic. How can that be you will ask and I don't have the full answer but staff for one on the Epic was far superior to those on the Pearl. Food quality for Le Bistro on the Pearl was good and I would recommend the Lamb and not the Duck but all dishes for Le Bistro on Epic were outstanding. Different chef? Is that what makes the difference? Even with our two free dinners and wine as Platinum is was not convincing it was a do again.

Cagneys on the other hand was overall our favorite now on the Pearl. It was also our favorite on the Epic unless we are in the Haven in which case we don't go out of the Epic Club much for eats.

Just ones opinion