Bottled Water

Californiacruizers

Last April I sailed to the Bahams with my 12 and 2 year old. I read all the crusing with kids threads and just about every checklist on the world wide web. I'd packed just about every "cruise hack" mentioned.

Although I packed several sippy cups and would fill them up at the Buffet with juice and water, I failed to have enough bottled water for my 2 year old while on Excursions. Nor did I have an insulated bag to ice pack to keep it cold. This led to one overheated cranky 2 year old.

On our next cruise I will be sure to bring a small insulated lunch bag or cooler bag and the small freezer packs that can be kept in our staterooms freezer, along with several bottles of water that we can take with us on port days.

Hope this helps others who are cruising with smaller children.

Bring a refillable bottle...add water and ice, and you should have plenty! You can also buy water ashore, if you run out. I doubt the freezer will actually freeze those cold packs...but it might help! If it DOES freeze, I would stick a bottle of water in the freezer...as the day goes on, and it melt, you have cold water. That's what I do when I go to our pool...I have a frozen bottle of water that lasts (cold) for 2 hours, while it's melting and it's not in a cooler!

Thanks everyone, I guess my over all point was not to forget to bring water with you when leaving the ship on port days. Granted we had sippy cups the water that we had was very hot by the time she was ready to drink it. Having a small insulated pouch or freezer pac would have been nice. I went into a little store in Nassau, Bahamas to purchase a bottle of water and they price was $7.00!!! :mad: Anyhow thanks for the responses.

Thanks everyone, I guess my over all point was not to forget to bring water with you when leaving the ship on port days. Granted we had sippy cups the water that we had was very hot by the time she was ready to drink it. Having a small insulated pouch or freezer pac would have been nice. I went into a little store in Nassau, Bahamas to purchase a bottle of water and they price was $7.00!!! :mad: Anyhow thanks for the responses.

When we got off the ship in nassau, there were lots of folks selling ice cold water bottles for $1 by the taxis. We loaded up before heading to Atlantis.