Packing help

Chocolatemom2

Hello everyone. I have to admit I'm driving my DH bonkers with all the tips and tricks I've picked up here. But now I have a question. I'm ordering him a couple of travel jackets, the blazer/suit jacket kind. Does anyone know if you can roll those and pack them successfully, or do I still need a suit carrier? I'm really trying to go carry on only.

Fold sleeves in to front of jacket than fold the jacket in half vertically. I would definitely place them into a packing folder. Shake out and use Downey wrinkle release.

Or just buy a dollar store plastic garment bag. Put jackets in there. Then lay on top or outside of suitcase.

I swear by Ricardo luggage. Even the carry-on size has a suiter compartment.

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk

Yes, you can roll jackets. There are many youtube tutorials available!

(we avoid the issue and rarely travel with anything other than a travel blazer- my husband has a nice one from Eddie Bauer - but even back when we did formal night cruises, regular packing rarely resulted in my husband's tuxedo being badly wrinkled. Just hung it in the bath while we shower & steamed it to release the wrinkles)

Edited by Hoyaheel

However you pack the jacket....

As soon as you get your luggage unpack and hang it up. Put it in the bathroom when you shower. The warm steam and smoothing it with your hands will get the wrinkles out.

Remember -- everyone is in the same boat ;)

An alternative would be wearing it onboard.

Edited by SadieN

I packed suits that was for work trips for tests (& I didn't know it was a method, lol! I just knew that I could fit a suit, 2 shell tops, undies & a pair of heels, l/s t shirt & a pair of jeans in my computer case using that method. The guys loved it, I never checked luggage on a business trip