Family Suite: 3 adults & 2 toddlers ???

frawnsay

... Is a JS big enough for a family of 4 with two young kids (nearly 4 and 6 when we set sail)? Or would you recommend the RFS (two bedroom, two bathroom, large balcony)?

If the children are small enough, and don't mind sleeping together in the sofa bed, the JS would be enough room for me.

IMHO you won't need the JS with the RFS. If your MIL needs a room for herself your children can share the sofa bed. If you book two JS they will have to sleep on a smaller sofa bed. The problem with booking your MIL on a JS is that she won't have suite privileges, like using the Concierge Lounge and dining in Costal Kitchen. Hope this helps.:)

We can't all be in the RFS, right? That's 5 passengers, but its max is 4???

The RFS on Vision (sails from Tampa to Cozumel) has a max of 8 guests.

The Two Bedroom Suite on Brilliance (also sails from Tampa to Cozumel) has a max of 8 guests.

Edited by clarea

I think you need at least five passengers to book a RFS. We once got one for the four of us two weeks before our sailing date. This is a video of the cabin, and keep in mind that if you book a RFS all the passengers will get suite privileges.

Edited by drarill

Depends on the RFS. Most all of them are more than 4 (8 or less) however there are a couple deck 12 RFS on Allure that are for four.

We (family of 4 with two teens) were in RFS on Freedom this past summer and simply book it if you can. 1) its great to have a living room as foresters a more family time experience, 2) the aft balcony was huge 3) Suite perks are great 4) two bedrooms and two baths gave plenty of space

Brian

Yes you can all be in one, depending on the exact RFS. And you can just book one with 4 - depending on the exact sailing. We booked the one on Radiance for Alaska very far in advance - but that sailing had very few families since it was before most schools let out.

Unfortunately, there is no way to know exactly what you can get until you call.

We have located a two-bedroom, two-bathroom family suite that can house us all! I'm sorry to be such a bother, but I KNOW that you all KNOW your stuff!

Are the family suites all located in a specific area of the ship? My DH prefers aft (um, who doesn't?!). I know that aqua theater suites are all aft, but are the two-bedroom family suites there, too? (Allure)

Greetings! My family is looking to book a cruise in the Caribbean. Our party consists of my husband and I, our two boys (ages 4 & almost 6 when cruising), and my mother-in-law...all to celebrate her retirement from teaching 30+ years!

I am interested in the family suites (2 bedrooms & sofa beds) for our group. With our party, from your experience, is this feasible and recommended? We truly like the children's programs with RC and wish to sail with this company. Only have X to compare.

Any input/advice/opinions are welcomed. Thank you! Happy Sailing!

m

I think that if you consider two attached regular balcony cabins that would possibly cost less, especially with the BOGO specials. In one cabin, you can have you DH and you- the other, your mother in law and kids- or split the kids however it works for you. The Allure and Oasis have Central Park View cabins which are really nice and cost effective.

Enjoy your cruise.

Edited by Cruise a holic

We have located a two-bedroom, two-bathroom family suite that can house us all! I'm sorry to be such a bother, but I KNOW that you all KNOW your stuff!

Are the family suites all located in a specific area of the ship? My DH prefers aft (um, who doesn't?!). I know that aqua theater suites are all aft, but are the two-bedroom family suites there, too? (Allure)

I just went on Royal Caribbean's website and looked through Allure's deckplans - no it looks like the FS - Royal Family Suites are more midship. I would recommend printing out the deckplans or having it pulled up online when you call - then you can see exactly where staterooms are when they tell you what is available.

Yes, every 2 room suite or royal family suite we have been in has been an aft balcony...BUT we book very early. I booked our future Norwegian Fjord cruise the day it came out :D We have a corner aft 2 room suite.

When does the Norwegian Fjord schedule usually come out, looking for year 2017, but would love the Aft suite, did you ask for a certain room number or type of suite? Thanks

The family suites that have one bathroom are interior, oceanview and Promenade.

The "true" family suites are the Royal Family Suites, or RFS. Some ships have renamed them Two Room Suites or TS. Same accommodations.

Good name change, the ones on Oasis are not very 'royal'

Two rooms maybe cheaper, but we stayed in a room that has two bunk beds (Behind curtains - kids will love this) and a king bed and a normal size pull out couch - about the size of a junior suite, this is just another option, but your mother-n-law may not want a couch for a bed. We loved it! I think it's a category "FB" on the Oasis

When does the Norwegian Fjord schedule usually come out, looking for year 2017, but would love the Aft suite, did you ask for a certain room number or type of suite? Thanks

I booked 3/19/15, I was watching here on CC for when the announcements were made, and when the date they would be open for booking. That is the day they were available to book.

I knew which ship the cruises would be on, I had the deck plans and asked for a specific stateroom, but had the deck plans in case that one wasn't available. We had to book with 5 people for this cruise, that far out.

I booked 3/19/15, I was watching here on CC for when the announcements were made, and when the date they would be open for booking. That is the day they were available to book.

I knew which ship the cruises would be on, I had the deck plans and asked for a specific stateroom, but had the deck plans in case that one wasn't available. We had to book with 5 people for this cruise, that far out.

Thank you, I'll be on the lookout around March

Good Morning, all!

We have booked a RFS on the Allure (2bd/2bth) [emoji3]

I truly appreciate everyone's feedback--I'm the planner of the group, so it all falls on me to make the trip a great one. CC is such a great resource...as are you all! [emoji173]️

And now to search for all new subjects (I know, I know...utilize the search option) like the new suite perks in May 2016. We'll be Sky Class, I believe.

Never have been on Allure. As I search for info, is there anything specific that I should be aware of? For instance, the Navigator went through a refurb a few months before our sailing, so I was very interested in reviews and pics from Feb2015 to recent.

Anything to look out for--or anything that I may see that will be null and void with the enactment of the new suite perk rollout?

[quote name='frawnsay']Good Morning, all!

We have booked a RFS on the Allure (2bd/2bth) [emoji3]

I truly appreciate everyone's feedback--I'm the planner of the group, so it all falls on me to make the trip a great one. CC is such a great resource...as are you all! [emoji173]️

And now to search for all new subjects (I know, I know...utilize the search option) like the new suite perks in May 2016. We'll be Sky Class, I believe.

Never have been on Allure. As I search for info, is there anything specific that I should be aware of? For instance, the Navigator went through a refurb a few months before our sailing, so I was very interested in reviews and pics from Feb2015 to recent.

Anything to look out for--or anything that I may see that will be null and void with the enactment of the new suite perk rollout?[/QUOTE]
Congratulations - you are going to love the room! It will be so nice with kids to allow you to hang out and spread out.

I can't help with the rest of your questions - never been on one of the newer biggest ships. But start by searching for threads in this forum, and then searching for posts to get more detailed information.