Hotels Miami South Beach

Newbury newbie

I shall be looking for a hotel to book for one night pre-cruise next March. Any recommendations for hotels in the South Beach area? Cheaper the better!

We found the "Hotel San Juan" pretty reasonable. It has been undergoing renovations. It was about $130 for us this past Jan. I kind of wonder how the renovations have gone since then. This year,if we do the Eclipse(also looking at Regal Princess for the same time frame)We might do the National.

I shall be looking for a hotel to book for one night pre-cruise next March. Any recommendations for hotels in the South Beach area? Cheaper the better!

March is an expensive time to look for bargains in South Beach.

Check out The Marseilles, The South Seas, The Essex, The Catalina.

http://www.Oyster.com has got a good section on bargain South Beach hotels. That time of year $200 is going to be about rock bottom.

You'll love the area.

We stayed at the La Flora Hotel for 4 days 2 winters ago. (13th and Collins) It is not a huge hotel with pools, bars and other resort amenities. It's one of many small refurbished art deco type boutique hotels. But is a perfect location for Beach, Ocean Dr.,Lincoln etc. Large rooms, happy hour and continental breakfast. Small friendly staff. Check it out on Trip advisor. It books full during peak dates, so not sure if you'll find vacancy. :o

For a one day stay, for sure look at location. Because everything is very walkable and you'll want to be where the fun and action is.;) You won't have time to use resort pools etc if you want to check out the area for the day....which I HIGHLY recommend.

Thank you to all for the recommendations. I had a change of track and went upmarket in the end! Booked in the Intercontinental down by the port.

:):):)

You can always cab or bus to the South beach area for a few hours from downtown.

If I had to stay somewhere in Miami near the port, which I don't since I live here, Intercontinental would be my choice. Expensive but very convenient and what a view for rooms facing the water! Not as much night life as South Beach but right in the center of downtown Miami action....and a 5 minute ride to the port. The Metromover is right across the street and is free and Bayfront Park is at the Intercontinental's front door.....Bayside is a 5 minute walk across Bayfront Park - tons of shopping and restaurants. Take the Metromover to First Street Station, go downstairs and across the street to Sparky's Roadside Bar B Que - the best in town! Good choice!