We haven't been charged for pre-paid gratuities

karlsselindh

Today is the final payment for our Nov. Eclipse cruise. We have Select Dining, and I thought the pre-paid gratuities for Select were also charged with the final payment. The balance of the cruise payment has been posted to our credit card this morning, but there's no payment for gratuities. I asked our TA about this, and she said that Celebrity didn't include the gratuities on their invoice, and there's no point in paying these charges before necessary. She didn't know anything further. (We have used this TA for several previous Celebrity cruises, and as I recall we paid gratuities up-front for Select.)

"My Reservations" on the Celebrity web site shows that we have Select Dining.

Is Celebrity still requiring pre-paid gratuities for Select? If so, when will they be charged?

Today is the final payment for our Nov. Eclipse cruise. We have Select Dining, and I thought the pre-paid gratuities for Select were also charged with the final payment. The balance of the cruise payment has been posted to our credit card this morning, but there's no payment for gratuities. I asked our TA about this, and she said that Celebrity didn't include the gratuities on their invoice, and there's no point in paying these charges before necessary. She didn't know anything further. (We have used this TA for several previous Celebrity cruises, and as I recall we paid gratuities up-front for Select.)

Is Celebrity still requiring pre-paid gratuities for Select? If so, when will they be charged?

Unless they have changed recently, they still charge pre paid gratuities, I would definitely follow it further if you truly want Select Dining. I personally would not take the chance because Select is becoming more and more popular.

Look on page 2 or 3 of the long booklet they email you, had a hard time finding mine, not with classic drink package on page 12 or 18.

Maybe you got them free as a "perk"? They're still requiring them to be paid with the final if you've chosen Select Dining. Only time I can think of them not adding them is if you chose them as a perk. Are you sure you're on Select Dining?

I am absolutely sure that we didn't receive gratuities as a "perk." We specifically requested Select when we booked, and both the TA's e-receipt and "My Reservation" on the Celebrity site show we have Select.

The TA's e-receipt itemizes all charges and payments, and nothing is mentioned about gratuities. Since the TA says don't worry about paying before it's necessary and they get the invoice from Celebrity, I was wondering what's the worst that could happen if gratuities are not paid in advance.

I think if everyone on your roll call is getting their e-docs and luggage tags and you're not, you might ask then.

(I had something similar happen to me, different cruiseline .... combination of TA and cruiseline's fault.)