Seat assignments on Turkish airlines

Ms Understood

We are flying in business class December 18 on Turkish airlines to Vienna via Istanbul. The website indicates I can make my seat selections 100 days out. I thought that was yesterday but when I couldn't find a link to do that decided I might be calculating the days wrong and in fact today is 100 days out. I still can't find any way to see the seats let alone select any. I have "viewed my reservation" and my e ticket but no seat map. Anybody know where that is found on the airlines website?

----------------------

Helen

We are flying in business class December 18 on Turkish airlines to Vienna via Istanbul. The website indicates I can make my seat selections 100 days out. I thought that was yesterday but when I couldn't find a link to do that decided I might be calculating the days wrong and in fact today is 100 days out. I still can't find any way to see the seats let alone select any. I have "viewed my reservation" and my e ticket but no seat map. Anybody know where that is found on the airlines website?

----------------------

Helen

Are you in the US? If so, there's a toll free number on their website that you can call and an actual person will assign seats for you - no charge. I did this and my ticket is economy - in fact it's the Istanbul nonstop from Houston leaving at 8:45 this evening! :D:D:D

Reminds me of mainframe computers at the airlines, and paper tickets. You or your travel agent would phone in a seat request. At check-in the airline used colorful, poster-sized seating charts of the planes. The agent peeled off the label for your seat and stuck it onto your ticket to create the "boarding pass". Of course anyone could go through security and access the gates to see people off or greet arrivals, so the stickers were mostly to assist with boarding.

Edited by kenish