Has way to watch for price drop changed?

sashas_mom

It seems to me last year I saved a cruise and it had a button there,,which when you pressed it,ms howled the far going up or down. I saved $300.00 on my cruise catching the price drop one day. I can't find that same button. Perhaps I'm forgetting where it was or Princess changed their site. Can you help?

Thanks.

There seems to b a new trend in the cruise industry to offer perks instead of dropping price. It's been like this on Celebrity, Royal Caribbean and NCL. They are changing the way the game is played.

Exactly.

Both Carnival Corp (which owns Princess) and RCCL have said that lowering prices to sell cabins both cheapens the image of the cruise line and encourages late bookings.

By Keeping prices constant (raising them of course as ships sell out) instead of constantly changing prices along the way, the cruise lines hope to convince consumers to book early knowing that lower prices are not likely to come their way.

By offering varying incentives (free beverages, free gratuities, etc.) along the way they can still have "sales" which maintain price integrity, but which still offer a way for consumers to save overall. Instead of lowering a one week cruise price by $80, free gratuities has the same effect.

Carnival Corp has said they are willing to sail with some cabins unsold instead of selling them at deep discount to fill up the ship. RCCL has said at some point after final payment date, prices are frozen and will not be reduced further to fill up the ship.

Edited by caribill