Southwest at ATL

Clipper123

Are Southwest's incoming and outgoing flight gates together? We have a plane change with only 50 minutes between scheduled arrival and departure. Also have EBCI so just hoping we have time to get to our boarding post before boarding begins.

Generally, the Southwest gates are at one end of Terminal C but that could still be a 5-10 minute walk from C1 to C20. The biggest issue will be if your inbound flight is on time. Southwest once gave me a 35 minute connection in St. Louis, but the gates were adjacent so we walked off one flight and right onto the next one. Sit near the front on your first flight.

Generally, the Southwest gates are at one end of Terminal C but that could still be a 5-10 minute walk from C1 to C20. The biggest issue will be if your inbound flight is on time. Southwest once gave me a 35 minute connection in St. Louis, but the gates were adjacent so we walked off one flight and right onto the next one. Sit near the front on your first flight.

Thank you. This is exactly what I was asking. I guess I should have specifically asked if a 50 minute connection time in ATL is doable with flights on Southwest!

Are Southwest's incoming and outgoing flight gates together? We have a plane change with only 50 minutes between scheduled arrival and departure. Also have EBCI so just hoping we have time to get to our boarding post before boarding begins.

50 minutes is plenty of time in ATL, especially for Southwest because all of their gates are pretty close. They are all on C concourse, and they are all on one side of the center. You can make a connection in less than 10 minutes.

BTW 50 minutes is enough in ATL even on Delta where you may go from Concourse T all the way to E. It is an easy airport.

Edited by zqvol