Dog sledding

pdw26

We are going on a Vancouver round trip next July and would like to see if we can go dog sledding. We have only the ports of call - Juneau (half day and eve), Skagway (full day and eve), Ketchican (full day). Does anyone know of a dog sledding experience from any of these ports? And if so (stupid question alert) will there be snow in July? I have been dog sledding in the UK but they use a bike type trailer on grass, fun but not the real thing.

glacier dog sledding is the only option you have for dog sledding on snow. Available out of Juneau -3 vendors and Skagway -1 vendor.

If a must do, schedule this at your first opportunity, ALWAYS have back up plans, it is the most canceled excursion. Book in advance, usually sold out.

Another option, similar to what you did in the UK is the summer dog mushing camps. We went with https://www.alaskaexcursions.com in Skagway two weeks ago and had a fantastic time! (they also have an operation out of Juneau). No snow, but for us it was a memorable affordable option. Below are a few photos.

033c2bc2a72b71ada37caa46434ae393.jpg

87d43864ae51bfd5756839422ddd08f1.jpg

708e4df85d5370870f55e01cb30770fc.jpg

a4f3475916e8235843a61317d14e4952.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We are going on a Vancouver round trip next July and would like to see if we can go dog sledding. We have only the ports of call - Juneau (half day and eve), Skagway (full day and eve), Ketchican (full day). Does anyone know of a dog sledding experience from any of these ports? And if so (stupid question alert) will there be snow in July? I have been dog sledding in the UK but they use a bike type trailer on grass, fun but not the real thing.

Skagway and Juneau both offer the helicopter excursion. Very very pricey, book early, and as BQ said plan alternative as it can be canceled. While pricey it really is a unique experience.

The views flying up are amazing

The experience with the dogs and sledding while short, timeless!

As Budget_Queen says, this is a must do excursion but frequently cancels. I have friends who had this excursion cancelled and they were so focused on it that it ruined their trip. Make sure you have a plan B. I would suggest a glacier landing without the dogs. It too can be special.