Touring a docked ship?

pilotboy1985

Unless Royal does it as part of the never ending BOGOHO promotion. In that case the first person in you party will be $120. Don't bother asking for a drink or they will push a beverage package on you for the day! :D

Good one!

I arranged a tour on Princess for SIL a few years back using the tour program that they have in place. I think it was $35 at that time, and well worth it. We were embarking the ship that day, so we all took the tour, and were then given lunch in the MDR. It was a cut above the usual lunch, and included wine. The tour cost is refunded off the 1st cruise booked. Its a great tour for the non-cruiser that pictures a cruise ship interior like a giant ferry boat. I wish all lines did this.

Was also thinking, without a lot of prearrangement, you would never even be able to get to a ship to ask about a tour - no way that pier security would let you through.

pilotboy1985 - is this Matt & Chris?? Pls send me your email address. I had one but you must have changed it. Been trying to get in touch with you. Was suppose to be in Halifax yesterday but had to cancel cruise. If this is not Matt & Chris, let me know. Pat & Foster.

Sorry to interrupt this thread.

Hi Pat & Foster,

Mathew and I were just talking about you on Sunday!

please e-mail me! It's

chris_ward @ bellaliant .net (Without the spaces)

Thanks!

Royal Caribbean never charged. That was/is a Princess thing.

that's correct, my TA said there was no charge for the Royal tour.

I might still tour the Liberty. I have been on her before and loved the ship, but have not been on her since her last dry dock

that's correct, my TA said there was no charge for the Royal tour.

I might still tour the Liberty. I have been on her before and loved the ship, but have not been on her since her last dry dock

If you are patient and wait you may be able to tour a ship you have not been on. It was really nice to tour a ship I had not sailed on. I doubt there were major changes to Liberty of the Seas during her last dry dock..

I've heard of stories about the "old" days (before picture IDs and beefed up security) when one could meet someone in port from another ship. They would swap cruise cards and board the other's ship for an hour or two to look around. Then, they would meet up again on the dock and swap back their cards.

Guess that didn't cause too much trouble, right?

Stacy

Last year my boyfriend and I were sailing aboard Liberty, we were docked in one of our ports of call, I was sunbathing in the Solarium... when a whole school trip came through.

There were about 30 of them, in their adorable school uniforms, having a walking tour of the ship.

I'd love to tour some of the other classes of ships.

hi everyone,

I know it's a long shot, but has anyone had experience with trying to tour a cruise ship when it's in town?

I live in Halifax and we get lots of cruise ships in town. Serenade and Brilliance will be in port this season and I'd like to get a look at them with a guided tour as I have two bookings coming up on jewel and I've never been on that class.

I'm guessing this is not possible but if anyone would know it would be you guys!

I live in a town where people are able to swindle ship tours all the time so yes, it certainly is possible. I think it's the Hotel Manager who authorizes it in port (or maybe the Guest Services Manager). Sorry, I don't remember exactly who it is.

That would be great if it would work out for people to do... I have thought for years it would be a great marketing tool for RCCL...

However like I said before, I have always been told "No, for security reasons", which is understandable...

But my thought was to offer tours of a ship you are docked next to in port. I mean lets say the Liberty docks next to the Oasis or Anthem. If new or frequent cruisers would like to tour the Anthem/Oasis and haven't ever been on that ship before, it would be a great opportunity to do so and see what else the company offers, instead of just seeing the outside of the ship in port. (And may increase on board booking) You are already cleared by RCCL to sail since you are on one of their ships already, and they have all your information. Again just one of those "out there" thoughts that I had one day while looking at a ship I hadn't been on.

Edited by Firefighterhoop

That would be great if it would work out for people to do... I have thought for years it would be a great marketing tool for RCCL...

However like I said before, I have always been told "No, for security reasons", which is understandable...

But my thought was to offer tours of a ship you are docked next to in port. I mean lets say the Liberty docks next to the Oasis or Anthem. If new or frequent cruisers would like to tour the Anthem/Oasis and haven't ever been on that ship before, it would be a great opportunity to do so and see what else the company offers, instead of just seeing the outside of the ship in port. (And may increase on board booking) You are already cleared by RCCL to sail since you are on one of their ships already, and they have all your information. Again just one of those "out there" thoughts that I had one day while looking at a ship I hadn't been on.

They could even make money by calling it a ship's tour.