Diamond Princess Sep 6 sailing

ricardin

Having a wonderful cruise, however, does anyone else think it is absurd to close the Calypso Pool, the only indoor pool, for cleaning, on a sea day, when everyone is onboard and it is pissing down with rain?

Yep that sounds typical !! I was on P&O last year and they decided to close the roof on the pool and varnish the woodwork also on a rainy day, you couldn't breathe for the varnish fumes !! they stick to their schedule no matter what !

Edited by Canberra forever !
Extra comment

Having a wonderful cruise, however, does anyone else think it is absurd to close the Calypso Pool, the only indoor pool, for cleaning, on a sea day, when everyone is onboard and it is pissing down with rain?

Pool issues aside, how is the Diamond?? We're on her next year for the Kyushu sailing. Anything you can post about food, venues, ports is greatly appreciated!

Pool issues aside, how is the Diamond?? We're on her next year for the Kyushu sailing. Anything you can post about food, venues, ports is greatly appreciated!

We sailed on her in April 2015 and found the ship to be lovely. The food choices were very good but I have learned to listen to our waiter when they tell you what is good in the kitchen. They have even been very open to tell me that X dish was not recommended.

The Horizon Court was good also. Always fresh salad and fruit, along with many different choices of western, Asian and Indian dishes. After a few days of rich food I usually opt for plain rice and put some grilled veggies on it! The cookies were good too.

My husband stayed in our cabin a couple of nights and I took the tray from our cabin and went to the Horizon Court and took back our dinner. It was a nice way to have what we wanted and watch some movies.

We will be sailing on her again to New Zealand in almost 5 months! We can't wait!

She is a wonderful ship. Carbon copy of Sapphire Princess. Cruise director, Warren is funny and ahead of his game although entertainment was a little lacking. Go for anytime dining rather than the main dining room, although avoid Vivaldi dining room - they are grumpy. The terrace pool at the back of the ship is adults only. Enjoy your cruise

Edited by ricardin

• 2 weeks later...

Seems strange.

But it may have been something they had no choice over. Something occurred and the pool had to be cleaned before it could be used.

OR just another classic example of it was scheduled that day and come hell or high water it was getting done that day.

I'm on the Diamond now and a couple of days ago some bogan after too much booze threw up in the main uncovered pool on 14. It had to be drained and cleaned and was out of action for a while. This is since we left Darwin so in inconvenienced a lot of people on this block of 5 sea days. Some people really should not be let out.

• 3 months later...
Did anyone do the 22 day CruiseTour - Beijing, Terra Cotta Warriors, etc.?

Doing a tour on the 1st April but booked through a company called Iglu Cruise which also does Beijing and the Terra cotta warriors before the cruise, will post how that went afterwards but would also be interested to hear from anyone who's already done it.