Windstar no longer "luxury" quality

CuriousTraveler10

No thanks. Oceania ships are 600 to 800 passengers, jackets and gowns, smaller cabins, all the reasons we stay with WS. It's lovely if that's what you want which is the old "different strokes " etc. They have a wonderful reputation for what they do but its not for us. As for the smoking, I would have demanded a different cabin on a different deck. They are never at 100% capacity. And I would address my complaint to WS corporate. Smoking on board other than a designated smoking area is unacceptable and dangerous at sea. Once again, food is subjective.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

No thanks. Oceania ships are 600 to 800 passengers, jackets and gowns, smaller cabins, all the reasons we stay with WS. It's lovely if that's what you want which is the old "different strokes " etc. They have a wonderful reputation for what they do but its not for us. As for the smoking, I would have demanded a different cabin on a different deck. They are never at 100% capacity. And I would address my complaint to WS corporate. Smoking on board other than a designated smoking area is unacceptable and dangerous at sea. Once again, food is subjective.

Just to clarify: One of the allures of Oceania is that it's NOT about gowns and jackets. I've seen the occasional blazer in a specialty restaurant but never a gown or tux and, of course, no such thing as formal night.

As for the smoking, I would have demanded a different cabin on a different deck. They are never at 100% capacity. And I would address my complaint to WS corporate. Smoking on board other than a designated smoking area is unacceptable and dangerous at sea. Once again, food is subjective.

Unfortunately, on the Windsurf the employee smoking room is located just below one deck of passenger staterooms. It is supposed to have a special ventilation system, but the odor of smoke in our room and the adjacent rooms was a major problem. And yes, food is subjective, but on our first three WS cruises, we thought the food was excellent. On the latest one, it clearly had gone downhill. Yes, food is subjective, but......

Edited by Lobes1

Wow. We just did b2b for 17 days on Windsurf. We were on 3rd deck but had friends on 2nd and 1st who would have definitely said something. Only place I smelled smoke was back of compass rose which I don't like but it's "designated" and, in the ladies room off of Amphora. This was from guests running in for "a quick one" between courses which is also a problem in our local smoke free restaurants. Both cruises had food anywhere from average to very good. 2nd leg chef asked if we wanted anything special as he said we might be bored with same menu on b2b trips. We found enough variety that it wasn't necessary but I thought the offer was nice. If you were bothered by smoke you really need to tell corporate. I know I would as I hate the smell and I would have been really vocal. I've checked out of smoke free hotels because of smokers.

Smoke is horrible not being a complainer I would have gone bezerk if it was not corrected plus I have horrible smoke allergies where even my eyes close up. It would have also made me nuts and I would have reacted as well. How selfish of the smoker in the ladies room when clearly it is not allowed for good reason. I do not even like it on the outside but the only thing I can do is move. Gratefully this has never happened to us on the Surf for we are always on the deck one. To tell you how subjective food is our friends, first timers, were with us on Tall Ships I was a wreck about her because she is truly a gourmand and fussy she adored the food phew! My sister 9 timer thought the good was good but not as good as other WS cruises ( much better than Oceania though ) my sister is not a gourmand! I am I in between loved it. Happy Sailing. Susanne

Unfortunately, on the Windsurf the employee smoking room is located just below one deck of passenger staterooms. It is supposed to have a special ventilation system, but the odor of smoke in our room and the adjacent rooms was a major problem. And yes, food is subjective, but on our first three WS cruises, we thought the food was excellent. On the latest one, it clearly had gone downhill. Yes, food is subjective, but......

Yes ... food is subjective but cig smoke is not. You are obviously Crystal people, which WS is not. We were on the Surf two months before your last cruise and again three months after. On our cruises the food was just as good for us as our seven previous WS cruises. The ship itself is in far better condition since Zanterra took over.

Yes ... food is subjective but cig smoke is not. You are obviously Crystal people, which WS is not. We were on the Surf two months before your last cruise and again three months after. On our cruises the food was just as good for us as our seven previous WS cruises. The ship itself is in far better condition since Zanterra took over.

In the last four years, we have been on four WS cruises and two Crystal Cruises, so I am not sure that we are "Crystal people". We were very pleased with our experience on WS until our last cruise, where the food was disappointing, at best, the service had also gone downhill, and the cigarette smoke was suffocating. So I suppose now we are Crystal people. That is really a shame, because we do like the smaller ships and the more casual ambiance on WS. And yes, the Windsurf is in remarkable condition.

Edited by Lobes1

In the last four years, we have been on four WS cruises and two Crystal Cruises, so I am not sure that we are "Crystal people". We were very pleased with our experience on WS until our last cruise, where the food was disappointing, at best, the service had also gone downhill, and the cigarette smoke was suffocating. So I suppose now we are Crystal people. That is really a shame, because we do like the smaller ships and the more casual ambiance on WS. And yes, the Windsurf is in remarkable condition.

I guess you fooled me. You have one WS cruise and five Crystal cruises in your countdown clock list ... that's why I thought you were Crystal people. Enjoy your cruising. We will be enjoying WS. (;-)

Just to clarify: One of the allures of Oceania is that it's NOT about gowns and jackets. I've seen the occasional blazer in a specialty restaurant but never a gown or tux and, of course, no such thing as formal night.

I agree! Never saw a gown on O and a sport coat in the specialty dining restaurants was worn by less than half of the men on our Med cruise with them.