Almost left in Bermuda on 9/11

luvsboozecruises

Did anyone else on the Breakaway on fri 9/11 see the Pilot boat pull up next to the boat and pick up the port captain and drop off the 2 passengers they were called about 4 times before we left? Could only imagine what that cost the 2 people who missed the boat !! I'm sure it was not a fee ride....Thats how many weeks in a row that people have missed the boat out of Bermuda ?

Cost too much to go to the bars in port and most people had the drink plan...NCL did change the time the breakaway was leaving many months ago from 4 pm to 3pm on all the bermuda trips..

And made sure all aboard time was well publicized on the ship.

Did anyone else on the Breakaway on fri 9/11 see the Pilot boat pull up next to the boat and pick up the port captain and drop off the 2 passengers they were called about 4 times before we left? Could only imagine what that cost the 2 people who missed the boat !! I'm sure it was not a fee ride....Thats how many weeks in a row that people have missed the boat out of Bermuda ?

This makes at least the last 4 weeks that someone has missed the ship.:eek:

And made sure all aboard time was well publicized on the ship.

Remember the TVs saying don't forget to be back on board at 4:30?

It's on a sign at the exit and in the dailies, no announcements, I wouldn't say well-publicized on the ship. How about publicized on the ship?

Edited by SuiteCruiser

Remember the TVs saying don't forget to be back on board at 4:30?

It's on a sign at the exit and in the dailies, no announcements, I wouldn't say well-publicized on the ship. How about publicized on the ship?

What else would you like them to do? How can you miss the signs at the exit? They changed our port times on the Getaway - don't think anyone missed the ship. Kind of your responsibility to know what time to be back on the ship!

Edited by Donna_In_India

What else would you like them to do? How can you miss the signs at the exit? They changed our port times on the Getaway - don't think anyone missed the ship. Kind of your responsibility to know what time to be back on the ship!

Agreed, but if you read other threads on this, one person said there were signs all along the pier, which is not true. On the BA a few weeks ago, there was a sign at one door and not the other, and the TV says to be back onboard at 4:30, not 2:30, so it's a bit more understandable that there is confusion there.

Every week since they changed the departure time people have been left behind, yet it does not happen on every other cruise, so to me that means they should have stepped up the communication.

Here we go again.

Anyone on the ship recently know if Norwegian changed the informational TV program that tells you all aboard time is 4:30?

As stated in an earlier thread, I was on the 8/23 sailing and it was still saying 4:30.

No one is to blame except the fools who almost missed the ship. Its called personal responsibility

Pretty much this - I hoping its not 2 people again. Why? Because between 2 people AKA team/duo, no one can tell time or keep track of it - Yikes, how the heck do they function in other aspects of their lives, when they're not on vacation.....[emoji15]

Sent from my SGH-T399 using Tapatalk

Well first off...they need to stop running the tv clip saying 4:30!!!!

Ftlog it has been reported here that it has been playing for weeks after the time was changed

What is wrong with ncl?

I have posted it before and will post again....

There is a big problem with communications lately.... Not only this video mistake....but the incredibly inept way the breakaway schedule change has been implemented

For those who have been under a rock...ncl was forced to change the winter 2016 ba from 12 to 14 days...but continued to advertise...and take ressies for this cruise as a 12 day on their website long after they notified current ressies of this change. What were they thinking by not updating their website and allowing it to accept ressies?

Feel sorry for those who booked during this lengthily " mistake " period and bought airfare!!!

Sorry but ncl is asleep at the wheel

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by luvtheships

Oh for heaven sakes - Stop blaming a TV program that's say 4:30pm when a daily, shore excursion form, the shore excursion desk, Signs at the gangway, cruise director / captain announcements say 3pm. You mean to tell me, that some people don't have the brain cells to rub together or mental capability to not ask questions why there's a discrepancy between the TV and those other places? Its obvious 2 people each week don't, but thousands? Pfft, please.....

The point is, they didn't miss the ship by 2 hours. They missed it by 5 minutes.

That's not an issue with the time-change, it's an issue with somebody not paying attention to the time.

Unless of course they were relying on the info that ncl was showing in their cabin saying all aboard was 4:30

It's then possible that they realized while in port and saw everyone gone that they were misinformed by ncl on the in cabin video and tried to make a run for the ship

Until ncl stops running this in cabin video...they must assume part of the blame for any late pax

Doesn't matter how stupid or time challenged the pax is.....if ncl continues to run this video ....they bear responsibility for late pax

And I don't care if there is or isn't a sign at debark( it's been posted that it was NOT visible at one debark area)...the video needs to be changed or stopped.

Also as a seasoned cruiser I have NEVER heard crew verbally mention all aboard time unless directly asked but I do look for the sign and do ask them....but I am seasoned

A newbie...which trust me many are out if NYC to Bermuda because of the no fly thing...would and SHOULD feel comfortable following the all aboard time stated in the video...which of course is incorrect but not apparently not being corrected by ncl

Oh for heaven sakes - Stop blaming a TV program that's say 4:30pm when a daily, shore excursion form, the shore excursion desk, Signs at the gangway, cruise director / captain announcements say 3pm. You mean to tell me, that some people don't have the brain cells to rub together or mental capability to not ask questions why there's a discrepancy between the TV and those other places? Its obvious 2 people each week don't, but thousands? Pfft, please.....

A newbie might think the video trumps all and is the CURRENT info

And you can't honestly say the pax would be wrong

So stop blaming the pax and stop praising ncl....they are making more mistakes than just this

A newbie might think the video trumps all and is the CURRENT info

And you can't honestly say the pax would be wrong

So stop blaming the pax and stop praising ncl....they are making more mistakes than just this

And what if NCL stop playing the video and 2 people still winded up taking a pilot boat back to the ship - what are you going to blame next for the lateness? Hmm....What are you going to blame next that? The signs? The daily? The shore excursion desk? When does it end?

Edited by maywell

Why should we stop blaming the video? That may well be the reason for the late pax. Do you know differently? It's a viable realistic possibility so yes the video should well be part if the blame

Also if they can update the info in all the other areas you mention...why can't they update the video? Or just stop running it altogether as it contains serious erroneous info?

I like cruising ncl but will not defend them when they do stupid things

Like the video and the breakaway website issue I mentioned

I don't drink kool aid never have never will

I just see things clearly and understand why things happen

Btw I'm not an angry poster by any means like many other posters seem to be....

I'm just happily well informed...continuing to sail ncl....and sitting back and watching the ncl show unfold.

My fav of late was the no food back ( which i dont do anyway) to the cabin fiasco and the tips on the specialty restos service charge. I guess no one recalls that the up charges were in fact enough extra to not require an additional gratuity...per ncl btw and reported here too. Lol

Edited by luvtheships

And what if NCL stop playing the video and 2 people still winded up taking a pilot boat back to the ship - what are you going to blame next for the lateness? Hmm....What are you going to blame next that? The signs? The daily? The shore excursion desk? When does it end?

Seriously calm down your anger is clearly getting the best of you

This is a very real mistake on ncls part to continue running this erroneous video

If and when ncl stops running the video then that is no longer an excuse

As of now they haven't stopped running it so they bear responsibility.

Why is it so hard to acknowledge that as long as there is misinformation being made available that the source of that misinformation (NCL) has some responsibility?

Believe it or not, some people don't schedule every last second of their cruise, they don't study every piece of paper that gets dropped in their cabin, they don't focus on reading every little sign, and they tune out the annoying cruise director announcements. All they need to know are a few key pieces of information, such as when to be on the ship, and do the rest spontaneously (It's called freestyling). They see what time to be on the ship on their TV, commit it to memory, and plan accordingly. Why look anywhere else?

Why is it so hard to accept that?

Edited by PATRLR

Morning sunshine!!

If 4,000 passengers can make it back on time and 2 can't, it seems like the information regarding the time to get back is clearly stated so that the responsible passengers knew it.

What you don't know is, how many of 3998 who did get on board were surprised to see the ship leaving an hour earlier than they expected.