Coming back to Princess!

marie61

Hi,

would like some feedback about what is to love about Princess lately.

I started with Princess, switched to Celebrity (smoking policy, drink packages) for the last 4 years but I now see that Princess is onside with those policies.

We are thinking about booking a March 2017 cruise with Princess. I am Platinum Captain's Circle. Sell me on this please :)

Marie

Hi,

I started with Princess, switched to Celebrity (smoking policy, drink packages) for the last 4 years but I now see that Princess is onside with those policies.

We are thinking about booking a March 2017 cruise with Princess. I am Platinum Captain's Circle. Sell me on this please :)

Marie

If you liked Princess, other than the drinks package and smoking, and they've fixed them, why wouldn't you like it.:confused:

I've only had one Celebrity cruise so far, but in all honesty found about as much difference as between, say, two Princess ships. I thought they were very similar.

I have not sailed on Celebrity but have on RC. So I don't really know much about X. I sail on Princess for several reasons the biggest of course is that it is the LOVE boat! :D

Princess allows OBC from various sources to be additive while RCCL only allows one OBC. So it can be a money issue. I get three OBC on every cruise (FCC, Veterans and shareholder). For those of us in the higher loyalty levels, the free internet minutes are nice along with the usual perks. I like they keep the buffet open from 6 AM to 11 PM so that I can go get water, ice and my favorite ice tea anytime. I do love the pizzeria near the main swimming pool. I like the layout of the ships with windows looking out on most public areas so that I can feel like I am at sea. The whole attitude I feel on the ships is that it is somewhat laid back. My partner loves the afternoon teatime in the MDR. The pax are a nice cross section of older adults but not elderly like HAL.

These are a few of my reasons to sail on Princess. Hope it helps.

Hi,

Marie

Let's turn the question around. You were with Princess then switch to Celebrity. What did you like or miss?

I second CCL's offering of multiple credits.

I like that our cabin is ready the moment we board, that there is fresh water in the pools (except for Ocean and Pacific Princess, I think) and that they have the most reasonable liquor prices of any cruise line I've seen.

Oh, and you'll get the complementary Internet minutes as a Platinum.

Jim

Edited by jasbo49