Carnival Spirit - post refurb

mattson

Try as I might, I have been unable to find any (real world) photos of the Carnival Spirit - post it's recent $44 million make over.

The promo shots don't cut it and tend to be heavily photoshopped for promotional purposes, I'm looking for real interior shots from real people.

last time I was on the spirit in March this year, she was a touch on the shabby side in a lot of places (spa's fraying fibreglass, lights busted all over the place, tables and chairs de-laminated, water stains and leaks, etc etc)

I'd love to know if these types of things were rectified on the refurb, or if they've just polished the turd a bit more...

Kind Regards,

Matt

Before The Carnival spirit was sent to Australia we loved that ship being home ported in San Diego . The only time we felt the closeness of the people was in the atrium area . She is a lovely ship ;)

Southern Californai now has Carnival Miracle which is a Spirit class ship ,just a bit newer. She is home ported at carnival's pier in Long Beach Californai;) We don't sail from long Beach ,just prefer sailing from our home port in San Diego on Holland America ;).However ,we would take a short drive to San Pedro near los angeles to sail on Princess cruises to Tahiti & Hawaii:D

we saw the Carnival Miracle in port at Honolulu's peir when we arrived in Hawaii last year, our then 4 year old daughter screamed with delight when she saw it, mistaking it as the Carnival Spirit which we'd been on the year before that and obviously held fond memories for her.

I've seen some video reviews of the Miracle, she looks fine - the Hawaii cruise would be awesome on her, but 5 days at sea would be tough!

The Guys hamburger joint & Blue Iguana were fantastic....both off the pool deck.

..seemed popular.

Red frog pub seemed ok....all up a nice ship & good for families with the excellent water park.

We had a Premium balcony 9B...it was a great cabin,it was like a mini suite....plenty of room for us three.

Carnival had some issues with this cruise..like pools not ready etc on embarkation, but all up a great cruise.

• 1 month later...

Bringing this back to the top since I still haven't seen anyone post a pic or video review of the Carnival Spirit post refurb...

particularly things like the overall condition of the non-upgraded areas... are the whirlpools/pools better condition now, are the tables/chairs in the lido buffet in better condition etc?

Cheers,

Matt