Which is better? Passages or not?

impartfish

I know the rules on Passages bookings have recently changed so I'm not sure which is best for me to do. If I know the sail date and ship, should I book now at home or while on my next cruise? I would be choosing an exact sail date and ship.

Is the Passages booking combinable with the GoBig, Better or Best promo? I was told you could combine it with GoBig but not with GoBetter or GoBest. Is that right?

Thanks for the help! I wish their future cruise program was easier to understand!

Are you posting at the correct place? Celebrity does not have promotions called GoBig, Better, or Best.

However, would imagine the answer would be the same for every cruiseline. promotions change often. Prices change often and according to demand. On Celebrity you can cancel with no cost up to 75 days before you sail and if the price drops grab a lower price, but doing so loses any existing deals. You start over. There are often great deals close to sailing if you are flexible as to your cabin type and location on all lines.

I received an email today from Celebrity about booking on board. Here's the link to the info. I called the Captains Club to confirm that if we book on board we can apply the on board credit to the cruise we are booking. Amber confirmed that we can, they are just promoting the get the on board credit now.

http://view.email.celebritycruises.com/?j=fe5b16707c6704787d1d&m=fe741570746504797615&ls=fdeb13787c6300797414747d&l=fe9a17747565037977&s=fe25157771660379761179&jb=ffce15&ju=fe2510727262017a7d1770&allowMobile=y&ecid=em_20930589&rid=174274359&mes=Celebrity%20Future%20Cruise%205-Day%20CO%20EM&emsc=CCCELITEPLUS0EM&empf=Y&emct=E&lnkid=VWSPLASH&r=0

The Go Big, Better or Best Promo has been running for quite a few weeks now.

According to the link, it says you can choose "1" other promo which according to the Celebrity rep I talked with today, that means you can choose 1 of the following:

$150pp OBC

Free Gratuities

Free Beverage Package

That's it - just ONE of those things, not the entire "Go Better" Promo with 2 of those choices. That just doesn't make sense to me so that's why I'm asking if I just got a bad rep with misinformation.

The Go Big, Better or Best Promo has been running for quite a few weeks now.

According to the link, it says you can choose "1" other promo which according to the Celebrity rep I talked with today, that means you can choose 1 of the following:

$150pp OBC

Free Gratuities

Free Beverage Package

That's it - just ONE of those things, not the entire "Go Better" Promo with 2 of those choices. That just doesn't make sense to me so that's why I'm asking if I just got a bad rep with misinformation.

Sounds like a communications problem. If you book a cruise onboard you get the extra OBC (to use on either current or future cruise). You also choose which rate you want to pay Go Big, Go Better or Go Best. What you've spelled out above are the options under the Go BIG rate.

Celebrity also allows you to change between Big, Better or Best packages up to a certain # oF days before sailing. (I don't remember exactly how many days.)

Jane

Edited to add a possible reason for the miscommunication.

"Open Passage" is a term for the open booking under the previous onboard booking program. That is now called "Cruise Later". Perhaps the rep was giving you info for the old program?

What you want is to book a specific cruise while onboard as a "Cruise Now" booking. That's how you get the better OBC.

Edited by JaneStarr

Jane and others - thank you so much for the clarification. I had a feeling the rep. was confused about what "one" additional promotion consisted of she kept referring to a chart about the OBC and seemed quite confused. :rolleyes:

Thanks again.