Ideas for "out of office" message

mrs.captn1

We will be heading out on Adventure in less than two weeks (so excited!). I typically leave some type of entertaining "out of office" message on my email at work. My current idea is a picture of a beach from a previous cruise with some type of message "my view for the week" or "rum punches are on the way". Any other ideas?

You are receiving this reply because I am out of the office on vacation. Had I been in the office, you would not have received a reply at all. While I will have access to both phone and internet, I will not be using either for work. I will instead be using them to take photos of my cruise vacation. Of which, I might add, you are not on.

Should you need emergency assistance, please dial emergency services and request assistance for your emergency.

Edited by sredish

I'm currently in the middle of the ocean. At the next island I will be looking for a job renting beach chairs, with no plans of returning to the office. In the event I am unsuccessful I will respond to your email on (insert date). For immediate assistance and possibly longer, please contact someone else.

What a great thread! This is going to be fun.

"I am currently on paid psychiatric leave from an overabundance of emails."

"I'm not in the office right now. I'm sitting outside the movie theatre waiting for Star Wars tickets."

I'll think of a few more but thought I'd post SOME. :D

One firm that runs continuing education seminars for lawyers calls its seminar offered on a cruise ship something like "urgent legal matters at sea." That way attendees' email and voice mail can say the attendee is not available because he or she is attending to urgent legal matters.

I'm currently in the middle of the ocean. At the next island I will be looking for a job renting beach chairs, with no plans of returning to the office. In the event I am unsuccessful I will respond to your email on (insert date). For immediate assistance and possibly longer, please contact someone else.

I love this one! I must remember to use it!

I wish I could use some of these, they're hilarious! But the Corporate Mindset is very strong here, and with my luck I would end up auto-replying to some cranky Executive Assistant who would complain to her boss about how I wasn't being "professional".

For work email, please keep it professional. Your close colleagues already know where you are, and anyone else doesn't care and just wants to know who's filling in for you.

Some nice ideas for personal email responses though. ☺

"You most probably are not interested in hearing where I am, but I am going to tell you anyways, not to make you jealous but for you to understand why I am not answering sooner.

I am in the middle of nowhere doing nothing work related to unwind and relax, so that I can be better employee when I return on (insert date).

Rest assured, I will get back to you with more energy and enthusiasm."

These are fun! I wish I could actually use them.

For work email, please keep it professional. Your close colleagues already know where you are, and anyone else doesn't care and just wants to know who's filling in for you.

Some nice ideas for personal email responses though. ☺

I totally agree with this. While the above suggestions are fun, I don't think they should be used in a business setting.