Need help/advice with possible sleeping arrangement problem for DS2.

NolaTiem

Hi everyone :) I'm a relatively new cruiser so I'm hoping someone with more experience can give me some advice/assistance.

I reserved a cabin for an upcoming cruise for us. It'll be me, hubby, DS15 and DS 2. It's a room with the two twins that convert to a king with two pullmans.

DS2 is too small for a pullman and too big for a crib....he can crawl right up the sides of them and I'd be afraid he'd tip it over. Sleeping with us isn't really an option as he's a tosser and turner. All the rooms that can have three people with a trundle are taken.

I called Carnival to see if we can have a trundle for him but they said that if they try to add a trundle to the room it will reject it since we have enough beds for the number of people in the stateroom. They said that I can call back periodically to see if another room opens up that sleeps three but can have a trundle, or I can ask my steward if they can get a trundle for us when we got on the ship.

Another option is to bring our own pack n' play but I really don't want to carry that unless absolutely necessary.

Is it likely that if I request a trundle bed from my steward that they'll be able to provide it? I'm nervous about relying on that and then being stuck sleeping curled up in the shower because DS2 kicked me out of the bed with his king-sized flailing.

Any other options I am missing?

I'd pull down the pullman's mattress.

At worst you could bring your own pallet--- a foam mattress pad, folded in half. For transport these become nothing when put into a Space Bag.

Edited by SadieN

This won't help you now, but we typically get ocean view rooms because most of them have a sofa bed. You can get an ocean view with a sofa bed and a pullman. We have a little one and have found this to be the best solution.

[quote=NolaTiem;47756255

Is it likely that if I request a trundle bed from my steward that they'll be able to provide it?

It is 100% likely. Just request the trundle from your cabin steward. They are there to accommodate you with issues such as this.

This won't help you now, but we typically get ocean view rooms because most of them have a sofa bed. You can get an ocean view with a sofa bed and a pullman. We have a little one and have found this to be the best solution.

Neither the Elation nor any of the Fantasy Class ships have sofas in the ocean view cabins.

We have pulled down one of the mattresses from one of the upper bunks before and it worked fine (although not for the same reason...our reason was when both bunks were pulled down, 1 was in front of the tv screen and no one could see the tv at night LOL). :)

OP: FYI, with 4 people in the cabin, you will be cramped and may want to think about splitting the beds into 2 twins and creating a "L" with them against 2 walls. Opens up the floor space in middle of cabin and makes moving/walking around much easier (especially if you are putting a mattress on the floor. Have DH and older DS use the spa showers to get ready each day so less crowding in your cabin. Just a thought....

If he's okay with a pack-n-play, then ask for a crib. That is what Carnival uses for cribs. Your steward will set it up at night and take it down in the morning, freeing up space in your cabin during the day, should you need it.

We were just on the Pride and I saw one of the cribs and it was an actual crib, it was not a pack and play.

OP: FYI, with 4 people in the cabin, you will be cramped and may want to think about splitting the beds into 2 twins and creating a "L" with them against 2 walls. Opens up the floor space in middle of cabin and makes moving/walking around much easier (especially if you are putting a mattress on the floor. Have DH and older DS use the spa showers to get ready each day so less crowding in your cabin. Just a thought....

Most guys only need less than 15 minutes and I doubt the kid needs to shave daily so his time should be half. I always had 4 people in a cabin, 3 males and 1 female, and it was never an issue. :cool: