Tell me more about Thermal Suites?

mmsoko

My wife and I used the thermal suite on the Coral. We are looking forwards to them on the Sapphire in three weeks. For ~$99 per couple we got unlimited access for the 10 day cruise. There are heated lounges, scneted steam rooms, and scented needle-showers. Wonderfully relaxing at any time of day or evening.

My husband and I went the day we boarded the Coral to see the thermal suites, and they did look like a nice and relaxing time. The full cruise price is the best bargain, but you can also do one day for $15pp. We never did have the time in Alaska - even sea days are so beautiful we didn't want to spend one day away from the views.

Back to the original post - the beds are like ceramic loungers, curved to fit a relaxing human body and heated. The day we went to look, they were hot, too hot to lay on - but I assume the temp can be controlled and they were made extra hot for effect the first day.

We didn't try the showers, I didn't know they were called needle showers, but they are large and there are multiple shower heads -- I think the spa guy said it was like being in a tropical rain forest :confused: if I am thinking of the same ones. My guess is that needle showers would be a very strong torrent of water coming at you in many tiny streams and would be invigorating. I would love to hear someone's description that has used them.

I used the Coral Princess' Thermal Suite after a massage but would like to know if Sun Princess has a Thermal Suite and is it really worth the money?

I'm leaving tomorrow so would appreciate any comments. Thanks!

Did you use beds, stream room and shower on the Coral? How did you like it?

Was the cost of using thermal suite included in massage price?

I used the Coral Princess' Thermal Suite after a massage but would like to know if Sun Princess has a Thermal Suite and is it really worth the money?

I'm leaving tomorrow so would appreciate any comments. Thanks!

Pooltimer, join our Roll Call for the Sun Princess if you'll be on the ship leaving 9/29.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=116696&page=1&pp=25

Back to the original post - the beds are like ceramic loungers, curved to fit a relaxing human body and heated. The day we went to look, they were hot, too hot to lay on...

I always put a dry towel down on the bed for sanitary reasons; if it's too hot, I just put two down. They are really nice, as are the showers, if you are in to that sort of thing (I am! ;) ).

"I have yet to be on the Coral, but so know that you cannot pre-order for Coral yet.

We are scheduled on the Coral in February....our Cruise Personalizer has a link to prereserve spa treatments....of course we are too far out to book tours and appts at this point.

Did you use beds, stream room and shower on the Coral? How did you like it?

Was the cost of using thermal suite included in massage price?

Unless the policy has changed one may use the thermal suite either before or after a spa treatment (massage). When we were on the Coral the gals didn't mention it at the time I booked my massage in person - so by all means ASK.

Hi Larsen,

Are Thermal suites on the Sun or the Dawn? We will be on the Sea Princess next month and would love to try them.:p

Thanks,

Debbie

Debbie, no the Sun Class ships do not have the Thermal Suites. BUT, they have great saunas and steam rooms on the Rivera deck that are free - no treatments required. There are also good sized showers (hubby actually uses them most evening while I occupy the room shower) and lockers to stow your stuff in. If you are into the aroma stuff take your own with you. I sat in the steam room once with a gal who brought some product in with her and exfoliated her body while steaming. She left with the best looking skin!

Barb

bev - unless they have just done a rehab of the Grand she does not have the thermal suites. The steam rooms and saunas are located on the Sun deck at the end of the Lotus Spa Lap pool. There are no private dressing rooms/showers and oft times they end up being coed :eek: , therefor being fully clothed (swim suit) is pretty much a requirement. Not my favorite at all.

Archived