Everything.. Norwegian JOY! Delivery spring 2017

FreestyleNovice

Was on the Escape last week and my room steward Jing was training for Joy. She said she would be on the ship until March, take a month off and then head to join Joy.

Also talked to Sean Wurmhoeringer, Hotel Director, and he said he was going to Joy along with Martin Ivanov, Food & Beverage Director.

I just don't see any way this ship is going to be made available to non-Chinese passengers (i.e. on US NCL.com site). It's not on website, they aren't selling it on board, presenting it in future cruise presentations, etc.

FWIW, i just got off the epic and noticed a lot more Chinese crew than previous cruises. Seems they are certainly trying to staff it up with a local crew which is no surprise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Several upper level staff members I talked with said they were definitely training Chinese nationals in order for them to work on Joy.

Many of the passengers I talked to were unaware about Joy, the fact that it was catered to the Chinese market and would be unable to book outside of China.

Well, there might not be a taster but according to the Ports schedule, you can try the re positioning from Hamburg to somewhere in Spain probably Barcelona or Rome

I know Escape's tasters were sold quite selective, by a few leading travel agencies (or at least the ones who have a good relationship with NCL/large volume/or who won some sales awards for their work..). They popped up a few months before and were "harder to find" to say so..

I know Escape's tasters were sold quite selective, by a few leading travel agencies (or at least the ones who have a good relationship with NCL/large volume/or who won some sales awards for their work..). They popped up a few months before and were "harder to find" to say so..

I am on the Spirit now ans There are a lot of chineses Crew member [emoji50]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I just don't see any way this ship is going to be made available to non-Chinese passengers (i.e. on US NCL.com site). It's not on website, they aren't selling it on board, presenting it in future cruise presentations, etc.

FWIW, i just got off the epic and noticed a lot more Chinese crew than previous cruises. Seems they are certainly trying to staff it up with a local crew which is no surprise.

I think NCL is right.

They are doing this with your interest in mind.

This ship is not suitable for you.

You will encounter many problems.

Start with the 99% local Chinese fellow pax. Major cultural differences between China and the West. Crew speak some English with great difficulties. Food is almost all Chinese. Entertain may be only in Mandarin. Do I have to go on any further?

Edited by SG007

I think NCL is right.

They are doing this with your interest in mind.

This ship is not suitable for you.

You will encounter many problems.

Start with the 99% local Chinese fellow pax. Crew speak some English with great difficulties. Food is almost all Chinese. Entertain may be only in Mandarin. Do I have to go on any further?

I completely agree in case my reply above was unclear. I've posted similar comments to yours in earlier pages.

Have any of you been to China? It's an incredible country you should visit, but they do things differently compared to the US or Europe. I can't imagine being on a cruise with 4k Chinese. Will make "chair hogging" seem polite.

I completely agree in case my reply above was unclear. I've posted similar comments to yours in earlier pages.

Have any of you been to China? It's an incredible country you should visit, but they do things differently compared to the US or Europe. I can't imagine being on a cruise with 4k Chinese. Will make "chair hogging" seem polite.

No "chair hogging" is in the Western culture. It will all be empty on the Joy.

We were on the Epic in May with a very significant group of Asians - a partial charter involving a health food/energy supplement convention. Quite a different culture - neither better nor worse, but different. For example, elevator protocol and lack of queuing required some accommodation. Yet, when someone tried to change seats on the bus for a return trip simply by sitting in it, which through off everyone else's seating, our Asian contingent unified and, to our appreciation, vocally chastised the seat jumpers. Otherwise, I was just going to be another loud American yelling at a French man. :)

Found a site selling Japan and South Korea cruises from Shanghai starting July 2nd.

5 day cruise in a balcony cabin is listing for $800 per person including taxes (If everything is translating correctly for me).

Great can you tell me the site please?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums