Everything.. Norwegian JOY! Delivery spring 2017

FreestyleNovice

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=50633005&postcount=110

i read this review, there is some information why the lifeboats are inside, had we discuss this before?

Hmm I think Barnacle Boy maybe mentioned it, at least that there are fewer lifeboats. But haven't seen Barnacle around lately, unfortunately.

The new Panama canal dimensions could be a hard demand in the design of the newer ships but didn't (not sur) Cheng said that the new ships are probaby too high for a certain bridge over the canal, with a reference to a NY bridge which Breakaway can just pass under?

It's interesting anyhow because it takes away valuable interior space so any reason why they did it should probably justify it hehe.. $$$ :D

Ok, now I see. I was thinking it was in "position" in relation to the Genting. I thought the aft section was the port side.

And? Think it's wider? A four top table, the interior railing, the deck and the outer railing, I have a few feet left each time I try imagining it hehe.. But not sure! :)

http://www.meyerwerft.de/en/meyerwerft_de/besucher/termine_1/wichtige_termine.jsp

They want to float out the genting dream at Saturday, 20th August. Then they will put the Joy together. Wonder why NCL don´t start selling cabins for the joy or give some news?

Late at night, 8pm local time! Thanks, hoping we can still some ship on the webcam/livestreams! :)

Yeah, they might be still training their agents or something or booking in advance not common in China..?! Who knows. Too bad there isn't a short taster or something for us Europeans. :)

Thanks for the photos, FreestyleNovice,

and the title has changed! The title has changed! Finally.

Yup! *brings out the celebration cake and decoration*

I had an email reply in my Spam to my last email, with CC asking to verify my email address I registered with as I used my alias (as below in my signature) and shortly after that miracles happened. :D

Here's a sliced view of Joy, with a very small lifeboat deck. Seems to be worse than Epic's hehe..

2eku248.png

Original at: https://scontent-amt2-1.cdninstagram.com/t51.2885-15/e35/13743386_1572939079674838_28934073_n.jpg

(and look at that bumpy deck 6! I wonder if they use some liquid filler to straighten out those decks before flooring them hehe...)

Late at night, 8pm local time! Thanks, hoping we can still some ship on the webcam/livestreams! :)

i think they made a mistake, the time on the german website says 8am.

But not sure. But i think Saturday 8am should be more correct then 8pm.

i send them a message, the next days will show it.

if it will be saturday morning i will be there in papenburg

Edited by Steff79

Any idea why that deck 4 or 5 from the top looks different than those around it? I would assume these are standard balconies like those above and below.

The darker part? Hm should be standard IMO, maybe some protective plastic or an outside walkway for the workers (as they use empty stateroom spaces (before the prefab stateroom is lifted and put in) for flows of material and waste)?