Everything.. Norwegian JOY! Delivery spring 2017

FreestyleNovice

Uh, am I not seeing a Waterfront? I can't figure out what's on that deck above the lifeboats.

NCL/the artist blanks out certain spaces until NCL reveals them, same goes for the slides, the hull art, it all gets "added" in final renders etc. :)

Shouldn´t we ask to rename the thread once more to "Everything... Norwegian Joy"? ;)

steamboats

I did once. I posted that here, and I sent a request to the moderator. Never heard or saw anything in response.

But yes, it should be renamed. They changed it once already, so we know they can do it.

I'm puzzled...what's the appeal of following this ship build? I can't imagine any reason I'd want to cruise on a ship designed around a culture and full of people that are without question very different than Americans, Europeans, etc.

I'm puzzled...what's the appeal of following this ship build? I can't imagine any reason I'd want to cruise on a ship designed around a culture and full of people that are without question very different than Americans, Europeans, etc.

Yeah, because we all know different is bad. Americans and Europeans are all that matter!

(Is that better?)

I live in North American, born of European ancestry. I think both Japan and China (Shanghai) are amazing places to visit. An NCL cruise ship based in Asia based on Asian values and service standards sounds amazing.

I have also been in Taiwan a few times. I find it tries to hard to be westernised.

Looking forward to seeing a true Asian ship.

Yeah, because we all know different is bad. Americans and Europeans are all that matter!

(Is that better?)

That's not what I said. It's one thing to travel to these places, but it's very different to travel in a mode which was designed to best suit a group of people that you are not. For example, I have a buddy who is homosexual and goes on an all-gay cruise chartered by a gay travel company. The Mediterranean cruise he is going on sounds wonderful, but I doubt there are a lot (read: any) heterosexual people on the boat enjoying each other's differences. [emoji23]

Edited by txagfan

The ship and her demography are not suited for most Western pax, that's true.

But the features, new areas, different setup of staterooms, the new sub Haven level of Concierge class and many other things are very interesting as they might be used for future ships (i.e. Breakaway Plus hull #3 and #4)

To add, many European CCers would like to have the opportunity to do a small 2 or 3 day taster on her as she leaves for China just for the experience and differences with her sister ships. The same applies for the more luxurious Genting Dream Breakaway class ship which will be delivered before Joy, too interesting to be ignored.

Being puzzled is maybe out of place for the next step in this new golden age of cruise ship building, although not many CCers will likely to sail her. :)

I'm puzzled...what's the appeal of following this ship build?

This thread started out for the Norwegian Bliss... then NCL decided to send this ship to China (and later renamed it Norwegian Joy). We´re just still following the construction :D! You never know what´s happening!

steamboats

Heeey did you figured out the dates of all her port stops? Please share! :)

for the moment we have a big puzzel :D

??

xx.05.2017 Southampton 03.05.

04.05.2017 Le Havre (05:30 - 20:00)

xx.05.2017 La Coruna

??

14.05.2017 Cannes (07:00 - 18:00)

??

16.05.2017 Civitavecchia (04:00 - 17:00)

18.05.2017 Civitavecchia (04:00 - 17:00)

??