Everything.. Norwegian JOY! Delivery spring 2017

FreestyleNovice

Can't name the site due to cruise critic rules (it's a travel agent).

However the name of the itinerary is "诺唯真游轮【喜悦号】日韩航线5天4晚(上海上船)济州+福". Try putting it into google and you never know what the first might be :D

The site is in Chinese so use Chrome/Google translate to view.

Can't name the site due to cruise critic rules (it's a travel agent).

However the name of the itinerary is "诺唯真游轮【喜悦号】日韩航线5天4晚(上海上船)济州+福". Try putting it into google and you never know what the first might be :D

The site is in Chinese so use Chrome/Google translate to view.

I am seeing: Haven standard suites all over the ship? And Studios and the concierge cat. staterooms? But no deck plans or room choice.. :)

I don't see any studios.

Looks to me as:

Inside (1-2,3 and 4 occupancy)

Outside (1-2 , 3, 4 and 5 occupancy)

Balcony (1-2,3 and 4 occupancy)

Mini-suite (1-2,3 and 4 occupancy)

Non Haven Suites:

Standard Family Suite 3 pax (25.8m²)

Standard Double Suite 1-2 pax (25.8m²)

YIYUAN SUITES 4-6 pax (44.6m² to 53.1m²)

YUEYU TOP SUITE 4-5 pax (90m²)

Haven:

Haven Superior Suite 3 pax (26m²)

Haven Suite with Ocean View 3-4 pax (38.5m²)

Haven Standard Suite HG / HF 3-4 pax (38.6 ~ 39m²)

Haven Deluxe Suite HB 4 - 6 pax (47m²)

Haven Premium Suite HA 4 - 6 pax (95m²)

I don't see any Haven cabin for two people (the site enforces 3 people in a 3 pax cabin).

Just found the website as well.... Prices are not cheap for a 4 night cruise, and its inside cabin as well. However the prices includes

(Including 4 nights accommodation, designated restaurant free meals, designated on board facilities, onboard entertainment programs and activities).

Cruise tax, port charges.

The entire team leader service fees. ( Yet below that it says this: This product does not include cruise service charges. Reference fee: $ 13.95 per person per night for in-cabin to mini-suites; Seaview Suite and Haven-style suite for $ 16.5 per person per night. This fee will be automatically credited to your cruise. Please pay before departure.)

Free landing visa license fees.

Shore sightseeing costs. ( I'm guessing its free for all shore excursions?)

So NCL, there is two set of gratuities charge on JOY? 1 set for the team leader and the other for cruise service charge?)

But what really interest me is the entertainment and activities like VR experience and of course the Go-Kart. They are all on deck 17, 18, 19, with the Go Kart probably at the aft of the ship. Oh and they have a park as well.

I have no idea what these are and why are they called that way.

Honestly, I think its going to be a lost cause trying to book Joy. 5 Months out for their first sailing and no re-positioning itinerary yet.

Edited by WaveSplasher

I don't see any studios.

Looks to me as:

Inside (1-2,3 and 4 occupancy)

Outside (1-2 , 3, 4 and 5 occupancy)

Balcony (1-2,3 and 4 occupancy)

Mini-suite (1-2,3 and 4 occupancy)

Non Haven Suites:

Standard Family Suite 3 pax (25.8m²)

Standard Double Suite 1-2 pax (25.8m²)

Haven:

Haven Superior Suite 3 pax (26m²)

Haven Suite with Ocean View 3-4 pax (38.5m²)

Haven Standard Suite HG / HF 3-4 pax (38.6 ~ 39m²)

Haven Deluxe Suite HB 4 - 6 pax (47m²)

Haven Premium Suite HA 4 - 6 pax (95m²)

I don't see any Haven cabin for two people (the site enforces 3 people in a 3 pax cabin).

There's a Xi Yue Suite Standard for 2.

The Studio stock image is seen on the first page when you select an itinerary, with the gentleman in officer dress welcoming you. Lower left.

There's a Xi Yue Suite Standard for 2.

I see the cabin list now. It has more that didn't appear on the booking page.

Sold out possibly on the dates I checked ?

I see they also have SAP cabins and non-balcony concierge suites as well.

The Studio stock image is seen on the first page when you select an itinerary, with the gentleman in officer dress welcoming you. Lower left.

See that as well now. I didn't think they were planning studios for the Joy.

I see the cabin list now. It has more that didn't appear on the booking page.

Sold out possibly on the dates I checked ?

I see they also have SAP cabins and non-balcony concierge suites as well.

See that as well now. I didn't think they were planning studios for the Joy.

There are no cruise in Europe in this [emoji630] site ?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I am seeing: Haven standard suites all over the ship? And Studios and the concierge cat. staterooms? But no deck plans or room choice.. :)

Deck plans are there, as are room choices, occupancy & pricing - you just need to play with the webpages to figure out where to click & explore - for those of you that "found" the ct??? link.

Here's a snapshot I took for Deck 5 - here's where they have tons of FWD insides - 4 across with their own interior corridor (tried to capture with one-screenshot, you can see almost see 3 of 4 insides' room #'s on the top.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/64025118/NCL%20Cruising%20-%20General/NCL-Asia%20Joy%20-%20Deck%20Plan%20%235%20-%20Splash%20Academy%20%26%20Nursery.jpg

The Splash Academy is located on Deck 5 and there is also a Nursery. Deck 6-7-8 are very similar to the Breakaway & Getaway layout, minor changes here-n-there. Taste on Deck 6 opens to the deck below - with a "Private Room at Taste". Garden Cafe got elevated to Deck 16. 1 of the 2 pictures for the Inside is that of a studio, but I see no description of such a category - probably using "stock" PR pictures for illustration purposes only.

Basically, tours are included in the prices and visas covered only for China's nationals / passport holders - all others are responsive for getting their own visas ahead for SK & JP ... the port facilities do not offer waivers or on arrival application for a fee ... cruise line will deny boarding, at the discretion, for others boarding without the travel documentations upon checking in. There are detailed guides on transportation in getting to the port terminal, airport/trains to subway line to surface bus or by taxi, and fees-based parking for those driving.

Read a blog on a Hong Kong - based TA about the Joy, essentially advising its local prospective Chinese customers to NOT book it, citing differences in cultural & service standards and expectations ... extend those strongly worded cautions to oversea Chinese looking at the ship & its itinerary. Those of us accustomed to NCL's America & European sailings should seriously "honor" and respect those warnings and not book it - or, else - sail at your own peril and "we told you so".

Savor & Taste are labeled as Chinese dining, so most likely/must be same for the larger Manhattan Room ... Stinky tofu as the chef's special for the evening, anyone. Generous use of "Chinglish" translation here - Noddle Bar, huh - even "Google" can do better than that - hey, NCL ... anyone proof-reading.

Edited by mking8288

Deck plans are there, as are room choices, occupancy & pricing - you just need to play with the webpages to figure out where to click & explore - for those of you that "found" the ct??? link.

Those are Escape deck plans.

They have the rope course instead of the kart track and haven cabins in the place of the new glassed in area.

Those are Escape deck plans.

They have the rope course instead of the kart track and haven cabins in the place of the new glassed in area.

Ooooh, that's pretty misleading to the casual person looking for info - it's being presented as for the Joy, from the Chinese description on that site ... no disclaimer at all, bad.

Studio on the Joy - ??? on Deck 10, 11 and 12 for 1 person @ 9.2 m² (and, this isn't valid either or taken from the Escape)

Snapshot on the link - maybe I should try a mock booking to see what happen

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/64025118/NCL%20Cruising%20-%20General/NCL-Asia%20Joy%20-%20Studio%20-%20floor%20plan%2C%20Deck%2010-11-12%20%40%209.2m2.jpg

No wonder that HK-based TA site recommend not sailing the ship and book others, plenty of choices ... it's a lousy 5 day itinerary, IMO of course for the asking price + visas for non-Chinese travelers.

Edited by mking8288

Honestly, I think its going to be a lost cause trying to book Joy. 5 Months out for their first sailing and no re-positioning itinerary yet.

HK Cruise Society (on FB) put together the following list, based on port schedules;

May 01: 德國漢堡 Hamburg, Germany

May 03: 英國修咸頓 Southampton, UK

May 04: 法國勒阿弗爾 (巴黎) Le Havre (Paris), France

May 06: 西班牙拉科魯尼亞 La Coruna, Spain

May 07: 西班牙維哥 Vigo, Spain

May 08: 葡萄牙里斯本 Lisbon, Portugal

May 10: 西班牙華倫西亞 Valencia, Spain

May 11: 西班牙巴塞隆拿 Barcelona, Spain

May 14: 法國康城 Cannes, France

May 16: 意大利奇維塔韋基亞 (羅馬) Civitavecchia (Rome), Italy

May 18: 意大利奇維塔韋基亞 (羅馬) Civitavecchia (Rome), Italy

But I agree on your sentiment!

"The schedule of Kai Tak Cruise Terminal was updated yesterday with the calls of #NorwegianJoy in Hong Kong. According to its information, the new ship will arrive on 14th Jun for her maiden call, and come again on 18th/19th/20th Jun which will even meet her half-sister Genting Dream once. This probably indicates the existence of one 4-night cruise and two 1-night cruises. However #NorwegianCruiseLine has still not yet announced any details about the itineraries of this vessel, so we are currently verifying the accuracy of such updates."

15781488_1198644166885736_8254772509669204950_n.jpg?oh=198dd11c22e338112210598f0735def1&oe=58DA1E6E

Posted on Dec 30th by Hong Kong Cruise Society on FB

I have no idea what these are and why are they called that way.

Norwegian Joy translates as Xi Yue Hao in Chinese, that's what it could be or something related to that name? Or totally not, heh. :)

HK Cruise Society (on FB) put together the following list, based on port schedules;

May 01: 德國漢堡 Hamburg, Germany

But I agree on your sentiment!

Really anxious to hear where she's going AFTER Rome.... would love to do Suez, and points south of there.

Norwegian Joy translates as Xi Yue Hao in Chinese, that's what it could be or something related to that name? Or totally not, heh. :)

Xi Yue Hao is a pretty good translation, Xi Yue 喜悦 (喜悅) meaning Joyous and Hao 号 (號) commonly refer to a name or title (among other use) - OK, it's fine.

As for the given names of the 2 suites ... that's puzzling. My best guess, efforts to associate them with being imperial, executive, exclusive,

Some rather interesting results/suggestions/interpretations - see & decide for yourself: Yi Yuan (Suites) ... "oh, no - who's booking the hospital (medical) suite ?" "wishful" suite, or, "dollar" suite, or "legislator's suite" ... it is also associates with the popular pre-natal and post-partum home birthing center among Chinese, going abroad while waiting ... 医院 or 醫院 (could be 意愿 or 意願, as in "Wishful" or 一元 as in Whole Dollar or One Dollar)

https://chinese.yabla.com/chinese-english-pinyin-dictionary.php?define=YI+YUAN

As for the Yue Yu Suites - I dunno ... only one suggestion & it made no sense to promote this as a top suite on a ship like the Joy, aiming at the mainland Chinese affluent ... " Jailbreak" suite - 越狱 or 越獄

https://chinese.yabla.com/chinese-english-pinyin-dictionary.php?define=YUE+YU+

Just thought to have a humorous look into understanding the promotional messages behind the marketing efforts, anyone else wanted to try it.

P.S. Google Translate came up short, way short ... we never rely on it for our language assistance efforts at the office with the work we need to do, but many corporations apparently do ... often, results & outcomes got those in the know ROTFL, as it's clear nobody did a "live" review to proofread the automated shortcut efforts.

So, is there an available "nanny" assigned to the suite for nursing duties ?

And, the Yue Yu Suite comes with option to pose a security officer ?

Just for laughs, of course :D ;) :p

Really anxious to hear where she's going AFTER Rome.... would love to do Suez, and points south of there.

She will be going to Hong Kong Via the Suezl Canal, It will be probably be similar to what the Norwegian Star did on its re-positioning to Asia.

I just received a replay from ncl about the joy cruise

NCL Joy is only bookable through our office in Hong Kong. At this stage we do not have further information regarding the Inaugural.

However please check with us closer to the time for more information.

From Hong Kong cruise society Facebook page :

Over the past few days, #NorwegianJoy appears on the port schedule of Southampton and Barcelona in May 2017. Together with the previously known schedule at Le Havre, Lisbon, Cannes and Civitavecchia, we can almost find out her complete itinerary in Europe soon after she leaves the shipyard:

May 12: ?

May 13: 西班牙巴塞隆拿 Barcelona, Spain

May 17: ?

#NorwegianCruiseLine

Same here... we are about to book a Dubaï-Singapour 13 nights (June 5th) on the brand new Majestic Princess... but i'm holding it for a ride on the Joy instead. Never saw a so "last minute" choice !! Might miss both :-(

Edited by cc&jp