A Daily Vlog on Anthem of the Seas

dst87

Alex and I are just home from our wonderful honeymoon on Anthem of the Seas.

While we were on board, we filmed and posted a daily vlog and blog which we found great fun! I thought it might be interesting to some folks on here, so if you want to check it out I'd love to hear your feedback!

Here is a playlist on YouTube with all of the videos:

And here is a link to all of the blog posts in order too. These have the videos embedded on them, so you if you want both you can just go to the blog!

http://duncanwrites.co.uk/category/anthem-2015/?order=asc

Enjoy! I know we did! :)

Great VLog, watched the first couple so far, Good Job! & Thank You!

Thanks for the comment - I'm glad you're enjoying it!

Vlogging is very new to me and I'm a bit awkward a lot of the time, but it was a lot of fun to do so if people enjoy it then that's all that matters :)

Alex and I are just home from our wonderful honeymoon on Anthem of the Seas.

While we were on board, we filmed and posted a daily vlog and blog which we found great fun! I thought it might be interesting to some folks on here, so if you want to check it out I'd love to hear your feedback!

Here is a playlist on YouTube with all of the videos:

And here is a link to all of the blog posts in order too. These have the videos embedded on them, so you if you want both you can just go to the blog!

http://duncanwrites.co.uk/category/anthem-2015/?order=asc

Enjoy! I know we did! :)

Many thanks Duncan for all the hard work you put into the vlog/blog; I have read it from start to finish....very informative (we set sail on Anthem on 28th September, so I have gained some very useful tips).

I've left you a question on the blog, specifically about Internet discounts for C&A members, for when you have a moment free.

Congratulations to you both on your marriage, I hope the honeymoon on Anthem enabled you to celebrate in style. My husband and I also had our honeymoon on RC (Jewel) 4 years ago in the Baltic ... can't think of a better way to have marked the occasion. Thanks again, best wishes to you both x

Many thanks Duncan for all the hard work you put into the vlog/blog; I have read it from start to finish....very informative (we set sail on Anthem on 28th September, so I have gained some very useful tips).

I've left you a question on the blog, specifically about Internet discounts for C&A members, for when you have a moment free.

Congratulations to you both on your marriage, I hope the honeymoon on Anthem enabled you to celebrate in style. My husband and I also had our honeymoon on RC (Jewel) 4 years ago in the Baltic ... can't think of a better way to have marked the occasion. Thanks again, best wishes to you both x

Thanks! I replied to that comment on my blog, but will repeat it here in case you didn't get notified about the response:

All of the Crown & Anchor discounts are now loaded on to your SeaPass, so there are no physical coupons or vouchers. There will be a letter in your stateroom on arrival detailing your C&A level and listing all of the discounts and offers you’re entitled to, but to redeem them you simply use your SeaPass and presumably tell the person.

For the internet discount you simply log on to the WiFi from your laptop/iPad/whatever and follow the instructions. When shown the packages it will automatically know that you’re entitled to a discount and apply this to the package price.

Thanks so much for sharing your cruise with us. I binge-watched the entire set of videos and thoroughly enjoyed them. It was fascinating seeing so many ports I've not yet been to, as well as getting a great inside view of a new ship.

We're not much for the newer ships, generally, having tried Oasis and Allure once and finding ourselves satisfied with a "once and done" on that class. But after seeing the dining options and great images of the actual dishes, I'm beginning to think that we may have to try Anthem after all. Someday.

Congratulations as well! It's nice to be able to make it legal. My husband and I have been together for over 20 years, but legally married only for three.

Thanks so much for sharing your cruise with us. I binge-watched the entire set of videos and thoroughly enjoyed them. It was fascinating seeing so many ports I've not yet been to, as well as getting a great inside view of a new ship.

We're not much for the newer ships, generally, having tried Oasis and Allure once and finding ourselves satisfied with a "once and done" on that class. But after seeing the dining options and great images of the actual dishes, I'm beginning to think that we may have to try Anthem after all. Someday.

Congratulations as well! It's nice to be able to make it legal. My husband and I have been together for over 20 years, but legally married only for three.

Wow thanks! Binge-watching all of those must have taken a while! I'm very glad you enjoyed it.

We're still comparatively new to cruising, but really loved the Celebrity experience and their ships. I'm so glad we tried Anthem though... I worry that on my next Celebrity cruise in April I'm going to find myself hunting for the FlowRider and missing all of the varied dining options!

Loving the vlog. You said you log in to Royal Wifi to use the app so do you have to buy internet package to use this ? Can it be used on an Android phone ?

The app needs your device to be connected to the Royal WiFi, but you don't need to log in to the external internet (or pay for it). RoyalIQ will work with just a WiFi connection.

The RoyalIQ app will work on iOS and Android at the moment.

The app needs your device to be connected to the Royal WiFi, but you don't need to log in to the external internet (or pay for it). RoyalIQ will work with just a WiFi connection.

The RoyalIQ app will work on iOS and Android at the moment.

That's great,we will have an IPad with us as well so that might be even better than using fone.

Wow thanks! Binge-watching all of those must have taken a while! I'm very glad you enjoyed it.

We're still comparatively new to cruising, but really loved the Celebrity experience and their ships. I'm so glad we tried Anthem though... I worry that on my next Celebrity cruise in April I'm going to find myself hunting for the FlowRider and missing all of the varied dining options!

Now that we're far enough along in RCI's crown & anchor program to have a decent reciprocal status with Celebrity, we've been considering trying out a cruise on Celebrity. Enjoy your further cruising!

This is wonderful!! Thank you so much for taking the time and trouble. Really very good. I was worried being on the Transatlantic crossing next month that I would get bored but it looks like you can be kept busy all day. Much appreciated and congratulations on the wedding!

Love the vlog -- the format is great with the recaps of what you've done for the day that people can click on. Much cleaner and easier to read than scrolling through endless text on the main screen, and lovely pictures and video -- well done! (And just one more reminder that I need to figure out wordpress....)

Oh, and congrats on your recent wedding!

Alex & Duncan - Mazal Tov !

Wishing you many-many years of happiness and health together :)

Thank you for your vlog - very informative and entertaining, and useful for our next week sailing.

One question, pls.

Are there robes in the cabins? (We r in a balcony, D3 category if it matters).

I like to swim early in the morning, throw a robe over my swimsuit, very useful. It will save me weight and place...

Again, thanks for taking the time to do this. Much appreciated. Dani

Alex & Duncan - Mazal Tov !

Wishing you many-many years of happiness and health together :)

Thank you for your vlog - very informative and entertaining, and useful for our next week sailing.

One question, pls.

Are there robes in the cabins? (We r in a balcony, D3 category if it matters).

I like to swim early in the morning, throw a robe over my swimsuit, very useful. It will save me weight and place...

Again, thanks for taking the time to do this. Much appreciated. Dani

Thanks and your comments are very much appreciated!

There were no bathrobes in our stateroom, which was a D1 Balcony. Bathrobes are available to any Crown & Anchor member with a Platinum or higher status (subject to availability), so if you're eligible for that then you may be in luck. We are only Gold members, so no such perks.

Ths was wonderful vlog. Gave us a real experience of what it's like to be on Anthem.

I would say in perticular the food looks better than what I've seen. Not sure it's because it's sailing out Europe or because it's the newest.

I'm quite judgemental about food quality and presentation, and on the whole I thought the food on Anthem (even in the included restaurants) was decent. It was a million miles away from the quality and service I experienced on Splendour of the Seas in November sailing out of Venice. Really quite poor.

I was very pleasantly surprised (and frankly relieved) when I had my first meal on Anthem. Other than some tasteless scallops and uninspired tuna the food was nice.

And I'm totally SOLD on the Kummelweck from Two70º. SO SO SO delicious - I hope this is available on every Royal ship! :)

Thanks, Duncan.

We r also Gold, will reach Platinum after this cruise :D

Guess I'll have to pack my robe...:)

Awesome! Have a fantastic cruise :)

We got given a couple of Princess robes as a wedding present from our cruise travel agency but they were so big and fluffy I didn't want to pack them! Plus... a Princess robe on a Royal Caribbean ship? Might not have gone down too well!!!

Duncan, welcome back, and many congratulations to you and your husband! Having just secured national marriage equality here in the States, I know what a huge deal this is.

Thanks for taking the time during your cruise to do all the work you did and to post your blog. I know from experience the incredible effort this takes.

My spouse and I will be on the Anthem TA next month and are quite excited. I look forward to reading your posts (a little hesitant to learn too much, as I want to have some surprises as well :) ).

I'm very happy to read what you wrote about the food overall, as you've said this really matters to you. (I can't eat scallops, so no worries there. :) )

I think our "status" on Celebrity (low as it is) should get us robes on Anthem. Woo-hoo!

Thanks again!

(BTW, did either of you happen to notice whether there are any rowing machines/ergometers in the gym?)

Edited by Turtles06

Duncan, welcome back, and many congratulations to you and your husband! Having just secured national marriage equality here in the States, I know what a huge deal this is.

Thanks for taking the time during your cruise to do all the work you did and to post your blog. I know from experience the incredible effort this takes.

My spouse and I will be on the Anthem TA next month and are quite excited. I look forward to reading your posts (a little hesitant to learn too much, as I want to have some surprises as well :) ).

I'm very happy to read what you wrote about the food overall, as you've said this really matters to you. (I can't eat scallops, so no worries there. :) )

I think our "status" on Celebrity (low as it is) should get us robes on Anthem. Woo-hoo!

Thanks again!

(BTW, did either of you happen to notice whether there are any rowing machines/ergometers in the gym?)

Thanks very much! It's nice that we're finally getting the same rights to miserably married as everyone else ;) - A joke from a comedian I like... we're not miserable quite yet!

I'm ashamed to say that neither Alex or I visited the fitness centre while on board Anthem, so I can't help with your question! Sorry!