12 kid themed restaurants in NYC

Love the beach

• 2 weeks later...

We were just in NYC last weekend. We seem to always go back to Ellen's and always question why after we leave.

Yes, there is live music while you eat. Maybe you get seat that you can even see the singers - maybe not. It cost $83 for 3 of us including tip. We were packed in to our seats. The food was horrible. I'm NOT picky at all about food and my husband will eat practically anything. We had friends with us and they had read that Ellen's was "the place to eat" - so, we went. They were disappointed as well.

The kids aged 9-14 really didn't like any of the music - maybe other kids would like this more. We really liked eating at The Malibu Diner on W 23rd Street. Literally, steps from the subway (1) which easily transfers to any line in Times Square. The food was soooo good. The portions were large and the bill was almost half. My daughter did the math and said she wished we would have eaten there instead of Ellen's. She said that would have given her almost $40 for Toys R Us.

It is almost impossible not to see the singers at Ellen's since they move around both upstairs and downstairs while they sing, we normally just drink there , it is not cheap but nothing in this area is cheap, prices for drinks are good and deserts are good